Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > York Rite Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Cross of Constantine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Cross of Constantine
    Posted: March/08/2012 at 11:51pm
Well, I am honored to say that tonight I was invited to join the Red Cross of Constantine.

I can't wait to go through the initiatory ceremony at the end of May (a month growing more and more busy).
"For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness." -- 2 Samuel 22:29

Traveling Templar - 11NOV2014
recruitwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recruitwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2012 at 10:34am
Congrats....
Stone Temple #137 WM(3rd Year)
Marquette Consistory # 104
(Perfect Knight JW)
Naomi Chapter #124 - OES
Al-Hamid Temple #222, AEAONMS
(1st Ceremonial Master)
F & AM - Chgo, IL
hlnelson View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2012 at 9:43pm
Congratulations 
PM True Light of Zion#399
PHP Ollie Roberts Chapter#59
PEC ML King Commandery#14
PC&C McDonald Consistory#226
Bejilah Temple#163 AEAONMS
PWP Effingham Chapter#326OES
33* AASR,SJ PHA
MWPHGL,SC
Tar Heel 357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tar Heel 357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2012 at 10:09pm
Congratulations!
Silver Square Lodge #791, MWPHGLNC

Edwards Evans Consistory #196, PHA

Kindah Temple #62, AEAONMS

Cumberland Chapter #70, HRAM

Bayard-Titus-Johnson Council #2, R&SM

Pilgrim Rest Commandery #11
Champagne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2012 at 5:28pm
seems like this order is very similiar to the Knights Templar?

I am assuming the degrees/orders are different though

congrats I dont know if we have one of those around here. 
SW-Wayne Lodge 416
VM-Knights of St Andrew Valley of Rochester, NY AASR
Hiram 62 RAM
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2012 at 1:32am
The RCC is based around the history of Constantine and is, from what I know now, different from the Templar Orders.

There is a Conclave in NYC and Binghamton.
"For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness." -- 2 Samuel 22:29

KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 11:19pm
Well, today was the day for my initiation at St. Michael Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine here in Boise.  It was a fascinating degree and I can't wait for the NW Regional Assembly next Spring.

40Miles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 40Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2013 at 8:34am
I am not familiar with this order, can you please give me some back ground?
Excuses Are the Tools of The Incompetent......
Markpghp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markpghp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2013 at 1:58pm
I am assuming that this is the same all over, but at least In my area, the Red Cross of Constantine is an honorary body and degree. Only a set amount are allowed in to each conclave, in my area this number is 33. After that, you have to wait for someone to demit of pass away to get in so it is very exclusive in the men that it asks to join.
Also in our area, if you are asked and turn them down, you will never be asked to join again, you have one chance to get in only. HRAKTP is similar also as it is a more highly exclusive group and I believe that there can only be one body per state with only 33 members.
It's a big honor to be asked to be in either one and signifies that you have done a lot of work for the York Rite in your state.
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 12:55am
Originally posted by 40Miles 40Miles wrote:

I am not familiar with this order, can you please give me some back ground?

Here is an introduction:

Quote The Red Cross of Constantine is officially The Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine and the Orders of the Holy Sepulchre and St. John the Evangelist, the latter two of which are called the Appendant Orders. There are also two chair degrees conferred on the Viceroy and Sovereign of a Conclave, and two honorary orders: Knight Commander of Constantine and Knight Grand Cross. The governing body of the Order for the United States of America, the Republic of Mexico and the Republic of the Philippines and their territories is styled The United Grand Imperial Council of Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendant Orders for the United States of America, Mexico and the Philippines.

The purpose of the Constantinian Orders are to commemorate the first elevation of Christianity from the position of a despised and proscribed heresy to that of a legally recognized and honored religion, to cultivate the social virtues, appeal to the intellectual and moral qualities, preserve as far as possible the customs of the fraternity and bring about good fellowship and understanding between all branches of Masonry.

Knights Companions of the Order meet in Conclaves of the Red Cross of Constantine and a member must be a Royal Arch Mason in good standing and subscribe to a belief in the Christian religion as revealed in the New Testament. Membership is by invitation and each Conclave has a prescribed membership limit.

SOURCE

< style=":;:1000" ="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">< value="ff-tab-67" name="tabId">< value="594" name="counter">

797mason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 797mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 8:08pm
Congrats brother! I sit in waiting.
Past Master Valley Lodge 797
Past High Priest Tremont Chapter 221
Past Grand Tall Cedar Millersburg forest 125
Past Thrice Illustrious Master Regal council 65
E. Commander Prince of Peace Commandry 39
Shaun127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2013 at 3:36am
Originally posted by Markpghp Markpghp wrote:

I am assuming that this is the same all over, but at least In my area, the Red Cross of Constantine is an honorary body and degree. Only a set amount are allowed in to each conclave, in my area this number is 33. After that, you have to wait for someone to demit of pass away to get in so it is very exclusive in the men that it asks to join.

It's a very different situation here in the UK, fortunately for me Smile
Shaun127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 1:38pm
How spooky! Today I received a letter asking me to be 1st A de C.
Emoticons
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2013 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Shaun127 Shaun127 wrote:

How spooky! Today I received a letter asking me to be 1st A de C.
Emoticons
Congrats!!

Shaun127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2013 at 9:20am
Now I've got some work to learn :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic