Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Masonic tattoo - finally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masonic tattoo - finally
    Posted: April/20/2012 at 6:24pm
Well, I did it. I got a KT tattoo. It will eventually be a half sleeve. I'm not a York Rite KT yet, but I am a 30th degree Knight Kadosh. Basically the same thing :)

I'm sitting here still with it wrapped. It's very fresh, so it should probably look better in a few weeks.

I went to Dharma tattoo, I was referred by last year's Worshipful Master. The owner Loco took care of me personally. Five hour appointment, but lasted six hours with his smoke breaks. First tattoo ever. It kinda feels like a bad sunburn.

If you're in the 305, hit him up.

Edited by Hyksos - April/20/2012 at 6:27pm
Gainesville Lodge #41
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2012 at 6:27pm
Very very nice.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
Hyksos View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

Very very nice.
'

Thank you. If you click on the pics you can see the blood still there in the yellow. Like I said, it's tender.
Gainesville Lodge #41
paullittrell View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullittrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2012 at 8:01pm
Awesome ink Brother Thumbs Up
Paul Littrell

Dufferin #338
Maple Leaf #103
McCallum Chapter #29
St. Bernard de Clairveaux #19
smilin assassin View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilin assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2012 at 11:00pm
Why would you get a tattoo of a group that you are not a part of???
Wise men listen and laugh while fools talk.

http://www.ilmason.org/
http://www.ram-il.org/index.htm
Hyksos View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by smilin assassin smilin assassin wrote:

Why would you get a tattoo of a group that you are not a part of???

30th degree Knight Kadosh is the Templar degree. It originates from the Templars (who were all French, including de Molay). Read 30th degree morals and dogma. Pike explicitly says "the modern orders that style themselves Templars have assumed a title to which they have not the shadow of a right. This was a direct shot at the York Rite. Just because someone calls themselves Templars doesn't mean they are. Just because someone else uses a different name doesn't mean they aren't. See the postings in the Scottish rite forum for more info.

I could get into the whole history of their destruction. You know that they had two dogmas, right? The Gnosticism of st John the baptist was the private Templar dogma, while the roman catholic (st John the evangelist) was the public. Hints of this Templar ritual survive to our blue lodges. Why the two st johns? Do some digging Brother.

Edited by Hyksos - April/20/2012 at 11:13pm
Gainesville Lodge #41
PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2012 at 8:49am
Nice Tattoo. He's a good artist. 

As for the KT stuff you mentioned that's interesting.  Are you saying that the YR KT's are not actually KT's?  I am neither YR or SR, as of now, nor do I know if I ever will be.  I dedicate all my time to keeping my Blue Lodge going, we seem to lose a lot to to the other "lateral" bodies, then never see them again.
Statham Lodge #634 F&AM, Statham,GA

Initiated: 6/24/10
Passed   : 9/23/10
Raised   : 10/29/10

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
Hyksos View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by PSquared PSquared wrote:

Nice Tattoo. He's a good artist. 

As for the KT stuff you mentioned that's interesting.  Are you saying that the YR KT's are not actually KT's?  I am neither YR or SR, as of now, nor do I know if I ever will be.  I dedicate all my time to keeping my Blue Lodge going, we seem to lose a lot to to the other "lateral" bodies, then never see them again.

I am saying that there is evidence, based upon history, and Pike's accounts, that there is a much closer connection to Templars of the SR. The SR was the "French Rite." It became the "Scottish Rite" because that is where the Templars fled after their destruction by the Pope and King Philip of France. I'll pm you the link to the thread, hold on.
Gainesville Lodge #41
paulnh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2015 at 6:57am
Great Tattoo. Like you, I am a SR 32 degree Mason and just now going through the York Rite Degrees. I am looking at getting a Knight Templar tattoo. My tattoo artist is my brother-in-law who lives in the South Pacific ( Im in NH). He will be here this week and ready to give me new ink. So Im thinking on getting a Knight Templar tattoo while he is here. I wont see him for several more years. 
From all I can tell from my research, this shouldnt be an issue with the bretheren as it's not any of the Masonic Symbols and as said here, Im already a Knight from the SR 30th. 
Paul M Little
Senior Deacon -Blazing Star-Eureka #11- Concord NH
32° Valley Of Concord
Bektash Shriners
MasterBodhi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterBodhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2015 at 12:05pm
I have several Masonic Tattoos. Square & Compass, Qabbalistic Tree of Life, soon getting the Checker board, key with a Z, and latin phrase "Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit." Doesn't seem to be an issue as I would only discuss the symbolism with lay persons in a lay fashion. More in depth with Brothers of the same degree. I am 18th Degree Knight Rose Croix, and Senior Warden of my Blue Lodge. I know not of the history, true history, of the SR and Knights Templar although, I am very interested in becoming a Templar, though I am not specifically Christian. I am happy to defend the pilgrims of the faith though as a Templar. Do you need to be overtly religious to be a YR Templar?
Ian Welch
Senior Warden
San Juan Lodge #175
Washington State
Knight of Rose Croix
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2015 at 1:21pm
May I humbly suggest that you complete your Scottish Rite degrees first? Specifically the 30th 31st & 32nd degrees. They are known as the Templar   degrees of the Scottish Rite.

I also have a Masonic tattoo. It's a black Teutonic cross with the double headed eagle laid over it, and the Roman numeral XXXII in the bottom of the cross.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic