Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Tylers Toast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Tylers Toast
    Posted: June/12/2012 at 7:12am
Greetings, I am attempting to collect as many versions of the Tylers toast as possible so as to add a little variety to our festive board.
I would be most grateful if brethren would be kind enough to email me with any Tylers toasts which they may have. Once I have a collection I will post them on this forum so others may add a little variety to their own festive boards.

Please email to martin@tracingboards.com

Fraternally
Martin
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 7:56am
A Table Lodge is rarely done in the US.      Only one Lodge in my GL currently does a formal Table Lodge annually.    ... I think it would also interesting to know while Lodges & GL in the US does a Table Lodge and what is the Tyler's toast given?
"Until you realize that your viewpoint is incomplete and that's '_' viewpoint is complete, only then can you become teachable in the Mysteries of '_'."

PM of Cairo Lodge 299
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by martin3366 martin3366 wrote:

Greetings, I am attempting to collect as many versions of the Tylers toast as possible so as to add a little variety to our festive board.
I would be most grateful if brethren would be kind enough to email me with any Tylers toasts which they may have. Once I have a collection I will post them on this forum so others may add a little variety to their own festive boards.

Fraternally
Martin

We have a very nice Tylers Toast which is done after every meeting and I find it very fitting and when I travel , I think of it as I feel included.

"To all poor and distressed Freemasons, where ever they may be
On land, or sea or in the air
wishing them a speey relief to their sufferings
and a safe return to their own native lands, should they so desire,"
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
drew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

Originally posted by martin3366 martin3366 wrote:

Fraternally
Martin

We have a very nice Tylers Toast which is done after every meeting and I find it very fitting and when I travel , I think of it as I feel included.

"To all poor and distressed Freemasons, where ever they may be
On land, or sea or in the air
wishing them a speey relief to their sufferings
and a safe return to their own native lands, should they so desire,"

There is only one Lodge in our Jurisdiction that does a Tyler's Toast. They do it at the Festive Board after the regular meeting...so not at a table Lodge. 

They do the same as listed above, except instead of "...or in the air," they say "...or under the sea"then they all join hands singing, "The Grand Lodge above, the Grand Lodge above; may we all meet again, in the Grand Lodge above..." Three times, finishing it off saying, "...but not too soon."
...when the guns are the fenceposts; the cars are the doghouse; and the telephone no longer rings.
Cutter View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 7:26pm
There's a good variety of these versions on the right hand column of this website:

- PM (2008) Balmoral Lodge #185, GL Alberta
- Al Shamal Shriners, Edmonton, Alberta
- TLC Corps of the Al Shamal Shriners
janitor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 9:35am

The Craftsmen’s work of day is done, the Brethren now must part.
"A Tyler’s Toast" our Master cries, "to warm each faithful heart."
For though we go our separate ways, our bond is ever strong.
The magic of the mystic tie will draw us back ere long.

Until then, think, each time you meet a Brother down on luck,
Whose life is marked by poverty, perhaps by illness struck.
That "If not for the Grace of God, I might walk in his shoes,
I wonder how much I can spare, to help him meet his dues."

And spare a wish for Brethren, who through no fault, their own,
May find themselves in foreign lands, and labouring alone.
That once the day shall come when they no longer need to roam,
May each enjoy a swift and happy voyage to his home.

Long may our Lodges welcome Craftsmen, travelling to the East.
And may our secrets guide good hearts, until each soul’s release
To wing its own way Heav'nward, these heartfelt words ingrain,
We're happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again.

To our next merry meeting.

by Iain Macdonald

To all charitable and distressed freemasons, wherever dispersed over Earth's broad surface, A speedy relief to their suffering and a safe return to their native land, if they so desire."
martin3366 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2012 at 9:41am
Greetings and thank you for all of your responses. I particularly like the ending of Meeting in the grand Lodge above, "...but not too soon."

It is nice to experience the differences in ceremony at different lodges. Our Lodge visited another recently and all were impressed by a section in the third degree where the symbolism of the masters apron is communicated to the candidate. Our Lodge had never seen or done this before so it was adopted and last night our third degree candidate was the first to experience the new edition to our ritual. I do feel that this is one way that a Lodge can evolve, by adopting fresh ideas from others.

It's kind of like emulating that which you see praiseworthy and others.

Thanks again for all the responses and good luck on your path.

martin@tracingboards.com
PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2012 at 7:04am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

A Table Lodge is rarely done in the US.      Only one Lodge in my GL currently does a formal Table Lodge annually.  
Which One, I would love to go.  It seems in my reading Freemasonry has let a lot of the things tthat were done slip away.
Statham Lodge #634 F&AM, Statham,GA

Initiated: 6/24/10
Passed   : 9/23/10
Raised   : 10/29/10

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2012 at 7:27am
The 13th annual 'Formal' (black tie) Table Lodge was held by Rose Hill Lodge of Columbus, Ga on Aug 18th after the 4th District Convention.   Tickets were $30 or $35.    

Maybe next year I can attend.

Edited by edwmax - September/16/2012 at 7:30am
"Until you realize that your viewpoint is incomplete and that's '_' viewpoint is complete, only then can you become teachable in the Mysteries of '_'."

PM of Cairo Lodge 299
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2012 at 7:59am
Several Lodges in my area do Table Lodges regularly.
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2012 at 6:38pm

The 13th annual 'Formal' (black tie) Table Lodge was held by Rose Hill Lodge of Columbus, Ga on Aug 18th after the 4th District Convention.   Tickets were $30 or $35.    

Hope you can and I have a question.
$30 or $35......is that an estimation?
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

Hope you can and I have a question.
$30 or $35......is that an estimation?

It was at the time. 

PM of Cairo Lodge 299
excellencee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote excellencee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2012 at 5:52pm
Due to work / family commitments, I rarely have the ability to travel so I don't know about other lodges. The table lodge was allowed to slip away in our lodge but has been revived in the past few years. Our lodge is dry from my understanding but the previous DDGM would allow a dispensation for wine if requested, and I believe he would even bring the wine. I need to check with our current DDGM. I've sat both JW and SW for table lodges and look forward to sitting WM next year. Our District School of Instruction teaches the table lodge as well.
Past Master - Mahoning-New Castle Lodge 243
AASR Valley of New Castle
Hiram's Scottish Riders - Charter Member
Syria Shrine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic