Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Hobbies & Special Interests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WOWers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaestroJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOWers
    Posted: June/20/2012 at 8:58pm
Any other nerds like me and play World of Warcraft?  I don't do much raiding anymore due to the attitudes in game, so I just play casually, often on RP servers.

Edited by MaestroJ - June/21/2012 at 1:07am
Tarditi View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarditi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2012 at 7:42am
I used to play, back before Cataclysm came out. I had a level 80 death knight in Fenris, but have since let my subscription lapse and have little interest in playing anymore. It was a lot of fun at the time, but once I extricated myself from the game, I don't find myself missing it. 
The most weary aspects were, of course, farming and the petty little "go find my lost keys" sort of quests. There is an amazing amount of psychology that goes into the game to keep people churning along, but I understand that their subscriptions have fallen off significantly.

Currently, I'm exploring Diablo III in my very sparse free time.
Dustin Tarditi, PM
James B Green #735 A.F. & A.M.
MasonicFirefighter View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasonicFirefighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2012 at 4:23am

I'm trying to get back into WoW on a private server I help maintain. Hopefully I can get more done there than on the official servers. My problem with them has always been the playerbase: unless you can find a good RP guild to hang out with, all you're left with is a bunch of greedy, whiney teenagers who are all needy about their virtual swag and do nothing but grind grind grind, completely ignoring this wonderful story that Blizzard has taken the time to write, model, etc. Such a shame.

"Us few good men need to stand together in Light to avoid darkness"

E: 8/2/2011
P: 11/15/2011
R: 3/5/2012

Acacia Lodge #169
Carolina Lodge #375 (Demitted)
Tugger View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2012 at 8:13am
I play almost every day. I'm trying get all of my toons up to 85 before Mists of PAndora.
East End Lodge #209 F&AM PHA (Jr W)
Baton Rouge Consistory #179 AASR
Pride of Baton Rouge #2 HRAM
A.V.Williams Commandery #10
ISMAEL Temple #154 AEAONMS
Pride of East End #166 OES (AP)
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A
MaestroJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaestroJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by MasonicFirefighter MasonicFirefighter wrote:

I'm trying to get back into WoW on a private server I help maintain. Hopefully I can get more done there than on the official servers. My problem with them has always been the playerbase: unless you can find a good RP guild to hang out with, all you're left with is a bunch of greedy, whiney teenagers who are all needy about their virtual swag and do nothing but grind grind grind, completely ignoring this wonderful story that Blizzard has taken the time to write, model, etc. Such a shame.

I've had good RP results for both Alliance and Horde side on the Sisters of Elune server. Indeed, it is annoying how many of them just raid and grind and put you down if you're not perfect like them LOL
I quit raiding when I told my old guild I'd need to take some time away to study for finals. I remember the exact quote: "Then I don't think this is the guild for you." I replied, "Uh, this isn't a job. It's a game."

If you are into RP on WOW - there is a non-invasive download simply called MyRolePlay to help you identify other players if you walk by them, and even set your status to whether you are a full-timer, story-teller etc. The link is here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/my-role-play
pointwithinacircle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pointwithinacircle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2014 at 3:57pm
Guild Wars, and now Guild Wars 2, are the only online games that I have ever played.
Lars 241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars 241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2015 at 3:43pm
This thread is old, but since I'm new here...

I use to play, had a Level 90 Paladin, Shaman and something else.  Mists of Pandora was the last expansion I purchased I think.  I finally closed the account down after that.

I was a hard core EQ (original) and have a max character in that until I moved to WoW.  I have also dabbled in the big rush of newer "free" to play games. Neverwinter, DDO, SWTOR, and so on.

The only MMORG I still play is EvE Online (but very casually)
After that, its all tabletop D&D going on *cough* 35 years.

(sorry no idea it keeps throwing crap into my post, I tried to remove it but cannot.)

Fixed it for ya. Welcome to the forum btw.

Edited by Adept? - May/22/2015 at 6:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic