Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > King Solomon's Quarry > Who comes here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Georgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaLightSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Georgia
    Posted: January/12/2013 at 9:31pm
Hello all! I just want to quickly introduce myself.

I live in Georgia and was recently accepted to be initiated into this ancient and eternal fraternity of brotherly love. I am scheduled to go through initiation Feb 5th and couldn't be more excited.

I never had any relatives in freemasonry but it has grabbed my attention on and off since I first heard about it as a teenager Anytime I would get interested in joining I just couldn't seem to find anyone I knew that was a mason. Last year I finally took charge and decided to find someone, somehow that would be interested in getting to know me well enough to vouch for me. Apparently the time was right!

I drive by my local lodge every night and happened to see a sign that said they would be doing GACHIP registrations over the weekend at a local festival. I decided to go and see what I could find out. The guys invited me to come to dinner before their next meeting and so it began.

I spent a few months going to the dinners and getting to know all the brothers very well and finally got up the courage to ask one of my closer friends there to sign for me. I don't know why but just having one of these truly upstanding men put pen to paper saying they believed in my moral fortitude enough to vouch for me meant a lot. To have 2 excellent men do it is more special to me than I think they'll ever know.

I'm not sure how much I'll post here until I finish my initiation and truly understand my OB more, but I'm looking forward to lurking as much as possible!

Oh, and I'll be with Duluth Lodge #480 under the Grand Lodge of Georgia F&AM.

Edited by GaLightSeeker - January/12/2013 at 9:38pm
GAmastermason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAmastermason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2013 at 12:27am
Congratulations!!

I know several of the Brothers from Duluth Lodge # 480 very well. I just finished my year as Worshipful Master of Gainesville Lodge # 219 just up the road in Gainesville, GA and I work in Buford, GA. You will definitely like the lodge and the Brothers there. Good luck to you! 
GaLightSeeker View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaLightSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2013 at 8:06am
It's great to see someone so close. We go to Gainesville all the time in the summer to Lanier. I'll have to come for a visit later this year. Assuming I survive!
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2013 at 8:33am
Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to jump in with any questions you ma have. You can ask anything you wish. There are some things we might not answer but will let you know. Most of that is we do not want to spoil the experience for you. Congrats and keep us informed.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
GaLightSeeker View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaLightSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2013 at 8:54am
Thanks jaya! The warm welcome is much appreciated. Most of the questions I've had so far have either been answered here already or by my sponsor. I will admit, I think I've been driving my sponsor a little crazy with questions he can't answer Of course he'll never admit it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic