Forum Home Forum Home > PHA > Prince Hall Affiliated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We are not all brothers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 2:19pm
Bro ed,
In jurisdictions that have mutual recognition, men belonging to clandestine groups have gone as far as sit in their tyled meetings under the ignorance of sitting "ms" brothers who either did not know any better or automatically assumed a bunch of african american men claiming to be masons are "prince hall"
I believe it forms good education for all masons, as this is a scourge we can agree we need to tackle in unison. the more informed we are, the more capable we'll be at tackling the issue.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

Like I asked you earlier, why is this a PHA topic?

As I said in the PM:

Because those are the Clandies that either claim to be PH, recognize PHA, try to emulate PHA, and/or PHA Masons have stated on this forum these clandy masons have been accepted into their Lodge as visitors.   .... While this is good info, it is benefit to the PHA Lodges/Masons to know why these groups are Clandistine.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 1:20pm
Thanks, Bro. Caution.

This, plus the flow chart you posted earlier, have helped me a lot in trying to figure out who's who and who's clandestine or not recognized.

I suggest that both postings are useful and educational to all, whether mainstream or PHA. Keep up the good work, and again, thanks

Fraternally

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay#397
Palm Bay, FL
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 11:55am
Like I asked you earlier, why is this a PHA topic?

PHA-AL

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 8:35am
Much of the details given in the Power Point has been stated & argued in various discussions on our forum. And, I have many links & references to those facts, but they are cumbersome to sort out when needed.   

....  I think the link needs to be a sticky on the PHA forum section for quick reference by new Masons and forum members.      ... I always though the IF&AM had a row with Mrs. Banks after Banks died, but i was not able to confirm this.  The Power Point link did.   ... My question now, does Mrs. Banks still own the IF&AM (controlling interest anyway)?   ... ie: Does the GM of the IF&AM answer to Mrs. Banks?  She owns or did own the IF&AM.

Edited by edwmax - March/20/2013 at 8:37am
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 7:41am
A very informative piece, although I have some issues with a few words chosen to explain or describe the matter (wikipedia rules).

PS:  I would advise those of enquiring and unpredjudiced minds to take a read, it helps to explain a lot of the background behind the norms that have developed over the years by regular PHA to live up to their obligations in the protection of the institution.

Edited by NobleShabba - March/20/2013 at 7:47am
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 1:59am
We are not all brothers

An introduction to Clandestine Freemasonry

Presentation by Antoine Lilly, MPS

PHA-AL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic