Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > King Solomon's Quarry > Who comes here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrongful Masonic Brothers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrongful Masonic Brothers
    Posted: March/28/2013 at 10:38am
Peace to the Brother's
           Good Morning i would first like to start with God is Greatest SMIB! My name is Bro.Sierra from Journeymen Lodge #267 Jersey City,NJ. I find it incredible when you have so call BROTHERS in the craft tearing up the little of what we have in the community which is ourself. A brother mistakenly drops his drugs in front of me at a corner store , as he goes to pick it up I see he is wearing a Beautiful Masonic Ring (you Know The Square,Compass, and the letter G LOL). I almost lost it , I say to him why Square, Why Square he turns to me and laugh. so i grip him the same way he grip me. I ask him as a Mason why is you tearing the community up with the selling of drug,while we suppose to encourage,clean,motivated, the community to our best. The brother really didn't have nothing to say but just "Your right BRO,Your right". Please Brothers i would like your input on how we can fix some of these craziness. WOW SMIB /G\
Keyser Soze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keyser Soze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 11:07am
Peace Bro Sierra...
First,,I'd like to PERSONALLY commend you on taking the action that you took w the, clearly, mis-guided Brother.  That conversation could have easily gone in a much different direction had this cat been wearing a "friends", family members or stolen ring.
So your approach was a testament to YOUR faith and commitment to do the "right thing".
As far as what can be done to "fix" the problem, I would suggest greeting the Brother w the same Brotherly Love, Truth and firm tact that you've already demonstrated...and I'd do it EVERY time we crossed paths-whether he was hustling or not.  Meet him on the Level.
ALso, I'd take an opp to remind him of his oaths and obligations simply by detailing YOURS, ie, to contribute to the relief of a DISTRESSED Brother (MM or otherwise), etc etc etc.
And when he looks at you crazy-faced, explain that, CLEARLY, he is a Brother in distress as demonstrated by the circumstances in which you FOUND him.
You might then want to give the mis-guided, distressed Brother a reminding grip and invite him to come to your Lodge to fellowship w POSITIVE Brothers, some who might be able to offer him an alternative to the BS and self-destructive behavior *shrug*
/G\reat job by you, neverthess, Square.

~SMIB~

Bro Heath
Unity of Light #3
West Orange NJ
Unity of Light #3 (AF&AM)
West Orange NJ
------------------
Raised: Nov 10, 2013
Groupie View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groupie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 2:23pm
My Brother ! I would like to Commend you on your actions and taking a Stance for your Beliefs ! Rest assure that brother must be thinking twice of what you said and furthermore thinking of the obligations he took in becoming a Mason ! I have found out in Life sometimes people think that no one is looking and take the short cut and do something without thinking about themselves or any one else but as it is said in the World it will catch up to him some time in Life ! He definitely was not on the square but he definitely met you on the level when you confronted him ! Thank You for your bravery and actions standing up for our fraternity !
SJD
Groupie View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Groupie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 2:30pm
As far as how to fix it Just be an upright and Good Mason and being a Good example to the world and Communities in which we live in !
SJD
simple man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 8:38pm
 Glad to hear you stance and Great witnessing to the Brother. I am glad you stood your ground and witnessed to the Brother I feel it was an appointed meeting to let the guy know that The Almighty God has his eye on him and knows his doings and I feel you handled it with great amount of Brotherly Love and I think the next choice is up to the Brother Got has let him know it is not right.
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013
S.D. Ft. Valley #110
Scribe Chapter Austin #18
I. M. Council H. C. Rigdon #35
C.G. Commandery Ivanhoe #10
32° Valley of Macon
Al Sihah Shrine
Recon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 8:48pm
Brothers I appreciate the Brotherly Love, I'm 7 years old in my travels and the more and more knowledge and experience i gain it seems that sometimes what we go thru in MASONRY a brother can bring you back 2 steps. becoming a Mason has made me a better man in my life and to see a brother just go ahead and just turn his back to the obligation made me feel some type of way.
simple man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Recon Recon wrote:

Brothers I appreciate the Brotherly Love, I'm 7 years old in my travels and the more and more knowledge and experience i gain it seems that sometimes what we go thru in MASONRY a brother can bring you back 2 steps. becoming a Mason has made me a better man in my life and to see a brother just go ahead and just turn his back to the obligation made me feel some type of way.

Very True Brother and I agree, But we don't know what led him into it... By no means am I condoning him in his wrong doing, But I have a good friend that is now a Preacher and has served his time for his wrong but got into selling "Weed" by a brother of his had sugar and Cancer and had no insurance he said he started with one bag and it got to be bigger and bigger and he never used or done drugs but sold them to pay for his brothers bills and Hospital expenses his brother died and he felt conviction of the Lord and turned himself in and ratted himself out. He now has a great relationship with God and is a pastor of a church and has an awesome testimony... But Like I said I am not condoning him but I also am not judging him either..

Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013
S.D. Ft. Valley #110
Scribe Chapter Austin #18
I. M. Council H. C. Rigdon #35
C.G. Commandery Ivanhoe #10
32° Valley of Macon
Al Sihah Shrine
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2013 at 6:03am

Peace to the Brother's
           Good Morning i would first like to start with God is Greatest SMIB! My name is Bro.Sierra from Journeymen Lodge #267 Jersey City,NJ. I find it incredible when you have so call BROTHERS in the craft tearing up the little of what we have in the community which is ourself. A brother mistakenly drops his drugs in front of me at a corner store , as he goes to pick it up I see he is wearing a Beautiful Masonic Ring (you Know The Square,Compass, and the letter G LOL). I almost lost it , I say to him why Square, Why Square he turns to me and laugh. so i grip him the same way he grip me. I ask him as a Mason why is you tearing the community up with the selling of drug,while we suppose to encourage,clean,motivated, the community to our best. The brother really didn't have nothing to say but just "Your right BRO,Your right". Please Brothers i would like your input on how we can fix some of these craziness. WOW SMIB /G\

You need to prefer charges against him, if he is in your Lodge or to the GL if he is a member of another Lodge.    ...He is no Mason and needs to be removed from the Fraternity.      Not only is he 'tearing; up the community; he is giving Freemasonry a bad name.   ... I hope you got his name and Lodge name.  ... We don't need Drug pushers in Freemasonry.

"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2013 at 8:49am
I agree a man like this should not be in Masonry. As a practical matter, laying charges on a drug dealer could be dangerous. I would suggest a more quiet, subtle approach.
bcamp View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2013 at 9:25pm

Peace to the Brother's

I am not familiar with a lodge 267 under the Grand Lodge of NJ or MWPHGL of NJ. May I ask under what grand jurisdiction this lodge operates?
bupton52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bupton52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by bcamp bcamp wrote:

[QUOTE=Recon] 

I am not familiar with a lodge 267 under the Grand Lodge of NJ or MWPHGL of NJ. May I ask under what grand jurisdiction this lodge operates?

Brothers have GOT to learn to stop gripping everybody with an emblem on.
Bro. Byron C. Upton
Highland Heights No. 200 F. & A.M. PHA
Initiated   06.19.10
Passed    09.25.10
Raised    01.08.11
Healed    02.02.12
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Groupie Groupie wrote:

As far as how to fix it Just be an upright and Good Mason and being a Good example to the world and Commuities in which we live in !

This sounds like EXCELLENT advice.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2014 at 10:49pm
I have in a entire year never gripped anyone except the brothers of my lodge. Only thing masoinc I have is a emblem on my car. But as we know anyone can buy anything masoinc some people do just that
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

You need to prefer charges against him, if he is in your Lodge or to the GL if he is a member of another Lodge.    ...He is no Mason and needs to be removed from the Fraternity.      Not only is he 'tearing; up the community; he is giving Freemasonry a bad name.   ... I hope you got his name and Lodge name.  ... We don't need Drug pushers in Freemasonry.

I could not agree more, he is no brother. A Brother would never drop to such a low level. We all know there is help to all Masons, NO REASON for this.
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2015 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Groupie Groupie wrote:

As far as how to fix it Just be an upright and Good Mason and being a Good example to the world and Communities in which we live in !
Very well said brother!
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic