Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > The Northwest Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mform288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!
    Posted: April/11/2013 at 12:54am
Dear All,

Any ideas of how i could become a free mason here in the middle east?

am living in Dubai for the last 7 years and was looking for so long to join, however, as you may know, there is no lodge in the UAE or the nearby countries (only in Lebanon and Egypt i guess) and i even tried to contact the grand lodge of London to have an advice but with no luck, since free masonry is banned at this part of the world.

i am pretty sure that there is meetings happening in Dubai (unofficial) but i just need the path in order for me to get recommended by two members in order to join these meetings or to know where to look.

I would highly appreciate if i could have some advice.

Regards,
Moe
Mo
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2013 at 7:30am
First, I moved the topic from the 'PC Help Desk' forum to the Northeast Corner forum; where it should be.

Next, we have heard that a new Lodge has formed in Dubai, but we do not have any info on the Lodge or the GL with jurisdiction.    ... First we need to determine if Freemasonry is banned or allowable in the Dubai.

Also, there is a clandestine masonic group which indicates they have several Lodges in the areas of the Mideast where Freemasonry is banned.   Their website links to a UK location.   Be cautious about dealing with this group.  You can not join Freemasonry or become a Freemason over the internet.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
mform288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mform288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2013 at 10:47am
hi edwmax,

thanks for the reply, i was really suffering to find where to launch a new topic, so kindly advice if possible.

Second, as per London grand lodge reply to my request, the freemasonry is banned in the UAE and the middle east in general, only Lebanon and Egypt you could find a normal lodges. however in another countries within the ME is banned. and i know that i cannot become a freemason over the internet and thats why am looking for help to get introduced the unusual lodges which am sure its  happening within the UAE and Dubai in particular.

However as per the advice which came from London grand lodge, it is not good to join the freemasonry through unusual lodge like the ones available here so am really confused.

further help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Mo
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2013 at 11:22am
'unusual lodge' usually means 'clandestine' lodge.  Joining one of these will do you no good.    These clandestine lodges are scams set up to make money on unknowing men.   

This is an article from last year.   http://masonicpressagency.blogspot.com/2012/03/freemasonry-became-legal-in-united-arab.html

Again this is unconfirmed.   In some places of the middle east, lodges or Clubs do meet. But these are private or 'in secret' since Freemasonry is illegal.  Or, permitted only in expat compounds or military base.    These Lodges or Clubs usually can not accept or make new masons. Masons outside of their small circle will not know of these meetings.

You said the UGLE stated they did not have a Lodge in the UAE.  ... I'm sure if they did you would have been told.

The above article appears to be posted by the Secretariat of Communications (???), contact that office for details of the Lodge.

Thomasville 369
travelingman73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travelingman73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2014 at 3:57am
Greetings all,

I would like to let everyone know that there has been a Blue Lodge operating in Dubai for a few months now. We are still new, but are quite regular and recognized.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime

Cornell J Wallace Jr
Worshipful Master
Land of Shinar Military Lodge #213
MWPHGL of Oklahoma
District #17, Dubai, U.A.E
wm.los.ml213@gmail.com

Bene respice ad Orientem
Cornell J. Wallace Jr.
Worshipful Master
MWPHGL, F&AM, Jurisdiction of Oklahoma
District 17, Dubai, UAE
+971 503243084
wm.los.ml213@gmail.com
BroScubaSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by travelingman73 travelingman73 wrote:

Greetings all,

I would like to let everyone know that there has been a Blue Lodge operating in Dubai for a few months now. We are still new, but are quite regular and recognized.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime

Cornell J Wallace Jr
Worshipful Master
MWPHGL of Oklahoma
District #17, Dubai, U.A.E
wm.los.ml213@gmail.com

Bene respice ad Orientem
I would be cautious if Freemasonry is illegal in Dubai. You don't know who you are dealing with over the net. For all we know this could be someone looking for info on illegal activities.
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
Phaeawoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phaeawoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2014 at 3:26pm
They have Prince Hall out there in Dubai. PHA is recognized by the UGLE. There you go.
Acacia #248
Gethsemane #3
Jericho #5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travelingman73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2014 at 4:24am
actually Bro scubasteve. Freemasonry is not illegal in the UAE- there is a large misconception that Freemasonry is illegal in the Middle East when in fact there have been Prince Hall Military Lodges operating in these areas for upwards towards 25 years :)
Cornell J. Wallace Jr.
Worshipful Master
District 17, Dubai, UAE
+971 503243084
wm.los.ml213@gmail.com
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2014 at 5:35am
Originally posted by travelingman73 travelingman73 wrote:

actually Bro scubasteve. Freemasonry is not illegal in the UAE- there is a large misconception that Freemasonry is illegal in the Middle East when in fact there have been Prince Hall Military Lodges operating in these areas for upwards towards 25 years :)

Is the Lodge on a military Base and is it open to the civilian population of the country?    While several countries of the middle east are tolerant of actives of US military personnel while on Base this does not make said activity legal for the general population of the country or 'off-base'.

I think if Freemasonry were legal in UAE there would have been an existing GL.   ... Also, I have read there is a Lodge close by in Bahrain.    Lodge St. George Bahrain #7389is now located in UK.  http://www.lodgestgeorgebahrain.com/    ... I don't know if they were exiled or other circumstances require them to move to the UK.  I believe there has been a crack down on political groups by the king of Bahrain since 2010/2011, so the other Lodges (1, 2 ???)may have closed or gone into hiding.

Thomasville 369

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travelingman73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2014 at 6:34am
The Lodge is open for all that petition and are accepted.

Conccerning Bahrain, there is a MWPHGL of OK lodge there by the name of James R. Jones Military Lodge #172 which has been on island for a little over 20years and yes they have performed community service with Bahrain Organizations in the past with full government acceptance from what I am informed of.

There is a Lodge here in the UAE other than our but is it a bogus/clandestine Lodge and we do not interact. They fall under what is called the Masonic High Council which is supposed to "rival" the UGLE by one of its founding members whom was expelled from the UGLE.

http://masonicpressagency.blogspot.ae/2012/03/freemasonry-became-legal-in-united-arab.html

http://www.masonicinfo.com/grandlodges.htm

You would be surprised at how many, how long and locations of some US Military Lodges over here in the ME.surprised indeed.

Cornell J. Wallace Jr.
Worshipful Master
District 17, Dubai, UAE
+971 503243084
wm.los.ml213@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic