Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did anyone have trouble connecting yeasterday??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did anyone have trouble connecting yeasterday??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did anyone have trouble connecting yeasterday??
    Posted: May/30/2013 at 7:57am
Did anyone have trouble connecting yesterday besides me???   ... I think there was a DNS problem to Mastermason.com.   ... So some forum users may have been able to connect, while other might not.    ... I could ping the servers so they were online.  I didn't have a problem to any other website.

My system was pointed to a dedicated DNS resolver and due to a resent windows repair, the backup DNS was removed.  So the problem could have been related to the DNS resolver being used.   But, (http://network-tools.com/) also could couldn't resolve the IP numbers at the same time.   This site being web-based should not have been using the same DNS resolver as my system.

Anyway I'm connecting this morning.   ...???...

Edited by edwmax - May/30/2013 at 7:59am
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
tcusicklodge232 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcusicklodge232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 8:04am
Had no problems at all yesterday.  i posted quite a few times and was checking all day...
Worshipful Master - La Belle Vallee Lodge No. 232

If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. — Ben Franklin
Stormriderjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormriderjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 8:48am
I couldn't connect yesterday.  Figured it would be back soon and didn't worry about it.
Secretary @ Larrabee 131
Stilesville, IN
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 9:48am
Yeah About three times yesterday I got the "OOPS! can't find connection" But I was able to log-in in between so it was intermittent.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by tcusicklodge232 tcusicklodge232 wrote:

Had no problems at all yesterday.  i posted quite a few times and was checking all day...

i only see 6 post for all day yesterday.  You made only one so if you made more than that, they didn't go though.

Thomasville 369
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by De Darrah De Darrah wrote:

Yeah About three times yesterday I got the "OOPS! can't find connection" But I was able to log-in in between so it was intermittent.

That's what I thought was happening after I connected this morning.    The Quest DNS resolver. I use, hit one of those OOPs and cache the result.   It didn't clear until the resolver updated this morning.

Thomasville 369
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 10:37am

I couldnt connect yesterday, very traumatic, please dont do that again

Geek
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

I couldnt connect yesterday, very traumatic, please dont do that again

Geek

Well yes ... but I wonder if you are ever connected .... LOL ...

Stonecutter did have a complaint from a Lodge in Florida that couldn't connect to their website until I spoke to him late yesterday.   I think Stone was right the problem was basically  on the Internet.  But something made Stone's DNS servers unavailable for a while early yesterday morning.  The regional caching DNS servers cached the bad info.  Some forum members could connect while others could not, depending on the DNS server used and how often that server refreshed its cached info.

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:54am
[QUOTE=NobleShabba] I couldnt connect yesterday, very traumatic, please dont do that again.

I know the feeling, its like a panic attack when I can't connect. if it happens through out the day, I'll go into the den and ask Jerry if the world has come to an end and why haven't we been told.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 3:11pm
The forums have been off the network for about 24 hrs now.   It just came back up about 3:45pm EDT.      ... The problem as due to the ISP provider.  Apparently, the Mastermason.com static IP numbers were reassigned to the general dynamic IP pool and were in use by other internet users which prevented Stonecutter's new modem from connecting.   ... This was the intermittent problem we were seeing for the past 2 or 3 days.

Thomasville 369
goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 4:19pm
Glad to here it wasn't just me.
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 10:04pm
I could not connect
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
GAmastermason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAmastermason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2013 at 12:23am
I couldn't get on either. I tried all day.
Past Master
Past High Priest
Past Illustrious Master
Past Eminent Commander
Past Worthy Patron OES
Yaarab Shriner
Tall Cedars of Lebanon
KYCH
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2013 at 8:13am
Yes.  For almost three day I was unable to connect with Mastermasons.com.

I brought this to the attention of the webmaster here at the Boston Public Library/Copley Square and he said he couldn't get in, and that the problem was at the source.

Glad to see Mastermason.com back on line.Clap
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2013 at 10:17am
Hopefully, this problem is fixed.   The chi-town area has been receiving sever weather for the past week.   The ISP (Comcast) has been blaming the problems on the weather and wouldn't investigate further.

Thomasville 369
simple man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 7:34pm
Yes I am still having trouble connecting on cell phone. I have to be on my WIFI to connect. 
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013
S.D. Ft. Valley #110
Scribe Chapter Austin #18
I. M. Council H. C. Rigdon #35
C.G. Commandery Ivanhoe #10
32° Valley of Macon
Al Sihah Shrine
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2014 at 1:51pm
Huh... i am having the opposite issue. I can access from my cell, but not from my desktop.
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 3:44pm
When I try to connect through my cell it takes me to go daddy and says www.mastermason.com is being parked for free and needs to be renewed as of 05/13/14 so I dont know what is going on with that.
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013
S.D. Ft. Valley #110
32° Valley of Macon
Al Sihah Shrine
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 7:26pm
mastermason.com has been renewed and is good until May14, 2015  It was renewed on the 14th.

I think you may be seeing cache results. 

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2014 at 10:38pm
well I dont know how I got cache results Max when I completely wiped phone to factory default and still got it. Works fine on WIFI i will just have to wait till I am near WIFI LOL.
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013
S.D. Ft. Valley #110
32° Valley of Macon
Al Sihah Shrine
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 8:29am
The proxy server your phone service works through (dials into or data connection) must have a cache server to reduce network time & load.   The fact the url works from a WiFi (outside of the phone)  proves this.   Most likely the proxy is a DNS server but could be a HTML caching server.

Thomasville 369
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2014 at 3:21pm
I didn't have any problems.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic