Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Hobbies & Special Interests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any hobbyshop woodworkers on here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any hobbyshop woodworkers on here?
    Posted: July/28/2013 at 9:35pm
I retired a few years ago and finally set up my woodshop like I always wanted. I really enjoy making something that makes someone else happy. I would post pics if I could figure out how.
Effingham View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Effingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2013 at 11:35am
I'm in the process of turning the garage into a wood shop. Most of the tools are assembled (waiting on the cabinet saw!) and I can't wait to get back into messing with wood.
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2013 at 9:28pm
It is addictive isnt it. What brand of saw are you waiting on? Most of my stuff is Craftsman. The price and warranties were really attractive, that and the old saying "Craftsman, buy one and be one"
The framer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The framer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2014 at 9:51am
Good morning;

I am retired and make masonic certificate frames with 23k gold gilding on the pillars and working tools.

I tried sending an image but the website is under construction and won't allow images to be sent yet.

What do you make in your shop?

Bob Rose
RPR Masonic Frames
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2014 at 7:27pm
Yes sir I am a rustic furniture maker with my own sawmill. Check out my page on facebook and see what I do.                             Creative Creations etc.                       I am building my rustic metal home now on 6 acres of Cedars. Some are standing dead ones that I plan to harvest and mill into lumber. I dont take out any live trees if I can do without it.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
The framer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The framer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2014 at 9:50pm
I'd like to see the rustic furniture you make. Up here in B.C. we have a lot of Cedar too.

I'm gonna have to get my wife to show me how to use Facebook. She is on it all the time. Family, friends, pictures, etc.

I live on Outlook because I mostly use my computer for work and research.

I found this site and it looks pretty good.

Bob
RPR Masonic Frames
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2014 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

Yes sir I am a rustic furniture maker with my own sawmill. Check out my page on facebook and see what I do.                             Creative Creations etc.                       I am building my rustic metal home now on 6 acres of Cedars. Some are standing dead ones that I plan to harvest and mill into lumber. I dont take out any live trees if I can do without it.

I checked out your page, very nice.  I like the live edge look, i have made several benches and tables with live edge cedar and it is very popular around here $$.  I like to work with cedar but after about ten minutes or so that wonderful smell gets really old and starts to irritate my sniffer.  lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic