Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Introduce and accommodate visiting brethren
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Being Raised Tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being Raised Tomorrow
    Posted: August/07/2014 at 3:13pm
Greetings Brethren and All,

I'm brand new to this forum and relatively new to the Craft.
I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that I'm being Raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason tomorrow night.  I'm very excited and I'm looking forward to continuing my Masonic journey and really just now beginning my travels in search of More Light.                                                                                                                  
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
Bellboy View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2014 at 4:01pm
Enjoy it, Brother. Welcome to the Craft, the Forum and all else. May Light shine on your journey Eastward.
Harding Lodge #649, PM
32, Valley of Des Moines
Benevolence Chapter
Mason City Council
Antioch Commandery
El Kahir Shrine-North Iowa Shrine Club
York Rite College #37 Ames, IA
HAPAC Grotto #71
Monarch
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2014 at 4:48pm
Congrats and welcome brother!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Sojourner33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2014 at 3:52pm
Thank you Brothers.

Just a few hours from now...
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
Poet View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2014 at 4:54pm
Congratulations! Much luck on your travels.
I-09/24/13
P-10/28/13
R-11/26/13
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2014 at 2:31am
I hope you enjoyed your Raising!
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2014 at 9:25am
It was absolutely amazing! A night that I'll never forget. It's a beautiful degree with several surprises and an awesome lecture.
I'm very excited to really now begin my Masonic travels and learn as much as possible and contribute to my Brethren and community at large.
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
Darin McCall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darin McCall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2014 at 6:04pm
Welcome and congrats!  One day at a time. 
Darin McCall
Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM, Louisville, KY
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2014 at 12:54am
Be sure to attend a MM degree as soon as you can, you'll be surprised at what you may have missed.  Congratulations and welcome to the worldwide family Brother.

CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2014 at 9:03am
Congratulations, Brother. But do not assume your masonic journey is now complete! You still have much to learn.

After viewing the MM degree a few times in lodges whose ritual is similar to your own, try to attend one in a lodge (perhaps under another Constitution) whose ritual for this degree is different. By paying attention to what is similar to your ritual and what is different you will learn much.

Past Master
Lodge Conception No. 1679 GL of Scotland
Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33 GL of Newfoundland and Labrador

Past DG Secretary
DG Lodge of NL
Ass'nt Gr Sec (Hon Scot)
GL of Scotland

Past TPGM Centennial Lodge of Perfection
Past MWS Macgillivary Chapter of Rose Croix
Valley of St John's
A&ASR of Canada
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by CanadianPaul CanadianPaul wrote:

Congratulations, Brother. But do not assume your masonic journey is now complete! You still have much to learn.

After viewing the MM degree a few times in lodges whose ritual is similar to your own, try to attend one in a lodge (perhaps under another Constitution) whose ritual for this degree is different. By paying attention to what is similar to your ritual and what is different you will learn much.

Thank you Brother JS and Brother Paul.

Yes sir Worshipful, I realize that my travels are just now beginning and that I have only taken my first step.  I would never presume to think that recently being Raised to MM means that Masonic journey is somehow complete.  I have very much to learn and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

There was recently a Tri-State meeting in which Florida, Alabama, and Georgia Lodges each presented a degree.  I was unable to attend, but the Brethren at my Lodge said that the differences were noticeable and very interesting.  I'm really looking forward to visiting many different Lodges to fellowship and attend their rituals and learn as much as I can along the way.
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2014 at 8:49pm
That's great. I recently turned in my EA catechism. I am now waiting to have my FC scheduled. Very exciting and I'm looking forward to receiving more light.
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic