FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice for a NEW WM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice for a NEW WM
    Posted: September/02/2014 at 3:46pm
RUN!!!!!
Just kidding. Seek the counsel and advice of those who came before you. Be inclusive and don't take anything personal.

PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SquareLevelPlumb SquareLevelPlumb wrote:

If you could talk to the incoming WM about anytime this upcoming year what would it be?

Changes?
Ideas?

On July 18th & 19th, we (GL of Georgia) had our first Masonic Leadership Conference.  There were 105 Senior & junior Wardens present.   With my group of 12, I did just that.  ... You should have seen the 'shell shocked' faces when I asked each one
  • how much money their Lodge had in the bank;
  • what was the Lodge budget for the year;
  • what is the Lodge income.

They had no idea ... These were sitting SW & JW and would be moving into the East next year (or year after)!

We covered Lodge Finances, preparation of a budget, with Lodge income and expenses.

Membership activities, education, and fellowship events.   ... too many things to go into here.   ....

But for 2 days that was my job to show SW & JW the basics of how to plan, budget Lodge finances, and organize actives for the lodge.

Edited by edwmax - August/31/2014 at 8:49pm
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
SquareLevelPlumb View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2014 at 7:28pm
I'm trying. I have my lecturers (LIGHT) for my year done. I just want to have a GREAT year. 
Tarditi View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tarditi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2014 at 1:00pm
1) Do no harm.
2) Don't let it go to your head. You're not an emperor - 365 days from now, you'll be back in the gallery.
3) Every Brother you ask for help, advice, or labor is a Brother. Treat him respectfully, and show appreciation.
4) Lead with humility.
5) Prepare the lodge for your natural succession.
6) Enjoy the time - it is a gift from the Lodge.
7) You are serving the lodge - not the other way around.
Dustin Tarditi, PM
James B Green #735 A.F. & A.M.
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2014 at 8:16am
At the very least, aim to leave the East with your lodge in a better condition (membership, facilities and works) than when you came in.

Edited by NobleShabba - August/25/2014 at 8:16am
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
SquareLevelPlumb View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2014 at 3:37pm
If you could talk to the incoming WM about anytime this upcoming year what would it be?

Changes?
Ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic