Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cave degree!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasonicFirefighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cave degree!
    Posted: August/30/2014 at 12:21pm
My GL posted about events coming up, so I checked the website and to my surprise I found there is a cave degree coming up in September, and I don't have to drive all the way across the state just to attend!

Technically it's an outdoor degree as opposed to a cave degree since it's going to be held in a castle instead of a cave, but way cool all the same!

Edited by MasonicFirefighter - August/30/2014 at 12:22pm
"Us few good men need to stand together in Light to avoid darkness"

E: 8/2/2011
P: 11/15/2011
R: 3/5/2012

Acacia Lodge #169
Carolina Lodge #375 (Demitted)
Sojourner33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2014 at 10:45pm
That's very cool!  I wish I could attend.

Enjoy Brother.
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2014 at 2:05pm
A degree in a castle? That is too cool! Too bad I am in Cali. Let us know how it went.
PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2014 at 9:04pm
I love hearing about degrees being done in awesome locations even just a blue lodge degree in a different location. We are going to be doing a FC degree soon at our Masonic home. The brother receiving the degree father lives there and will get to see him go through it.
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Bellboy View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2014 at 4:19pm
This summer I had the pleasure of seeing a Third degree in a rock quarry in Waterloo, Iowa. It was quite a sight!
Harding Lodge #649, PM
32, Valley of Des Moines
Benevolence Chapter
Mason City Council
Antioch Commandery
El Kahir Shrine-North Iowa Shrine Club
York Rite College #37 Ames, IA
HAPAC Grotto #71
Monarch
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2014 at 8:29pm
The WM at our lodge was in search of a place for a low veil degree but I have heard no talk of it since it's mention. I think a degree by candle or lantern light would be really awesome.
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2014 at 3:22pm
They have one of those once in awhile close to me. One day I'm going to attend.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2014 at 9:49pm
I think I've heard of an actual "Cave Degree" that takes place in Austin...in a cave.
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
traveling1 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traveling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2014 at 12:13pm
We have outdoor degrees around here in KY that are by actual lantern light, and dressed to the era. Brothers say it's a very nice experience, and that it brings whole new meaning to the teachings. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend one soon!
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2014 at 5:53pm
That would be fantastic KY is to far to travel sadly.. This year there was a brother who was raised in a fort on a island here in MD. I was not a master mason during this but you can bet I will be there next year.
traveling1 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traveling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2014 at 10:45pm
Yea! I really like the thought of the more uncommon settings like that. It's like it paints a whole new picture when you see it put on like that.
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2014 at 9:27am
Wow.  I fall under the Grand Lodge, F.A.A.M. of the District of Columbia, and know that we're already in amity with the Grand Lodge, A.F.M. of South Carolina.  I'm definitely going to this if at all possible (I'm currently at Fort Gordon for military training).

This ought to be awesome.
J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
Squeek49 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squeek49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by traveling1 traveling1 wrote:

We have outdoor degrees around here in KY that are by actual lantern light, and dressed to the era. Brothers say it's a very nice experience, and that it brings whole new meaning to the teachings. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend one soon!

Valley Lodge #521 in Louisville is putting on the Master Mason's Degree outdoors next week.  Here is a link to the officers' page of their website:  http://www.valleylodge511.com/officers.htm 

I met one of the Past Masters, David Korfhage, at their weekly Fish Fry.  The phone numbers listed have an area code of  502.

Give them a call to find out date, time and location.

Dave
David Davis
Oriental Lodge #20
Mathews, Virginia

I 10/08/2013
P 07/17/2014
R 08/21/2014
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic