Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > Scottish Rite Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

petitioning Scottish Rite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: petitioning Scottish Rite
    Posted: September/09/2014 at 3:52am
After much reflection and self examination I have decided to petition the Scottish Rite.  I really do enjoy doing degree work in my blue Lodge and the fellowship of that Lodge and York Rite is amazing but I desire more Light.  Any advice for a newby?  Northern Jurisdiction btw.  

Jim 
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2014 at 5:37pm
There is much to explore in the Scottish Rite, and if you want to explore you will get what you seek.
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2014 at 5:53pm
The SR will be my next path. My petition is filled and signed I'm going to wait till the spring class though.
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2014 at 2:36pm
I have been a member of the AASR for over 15 years and  I enjoy it. Once my journey to the Oriental chair is over (I will be a PM come November) I plan on getting more involved with the Rite.

PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by jdeal jdeal wrote:

The SR will be my next path. My petition is filled and signed I'm going to wait till the spring class though.
Sounds good, but didn't you just get raised recently?   If so, there is some debate back and forth about the relative merits of spending more time in the lodge before getting involved in Scottish Rite. Speak with some experienced brothers to get their take on it, but of course follow your heart.

Edited by NobleShabba - September/10/2014 at 3:22pm
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2014 at 10:10pm
I turned in my petition and fees tonight.  I'm really looking forward to starting this journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2014 at 8:09am
great, keep us updated
----------------------

AaronSawyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 5:15pm
When I was raised (Fall '08) I decided that I wanted to wait a bit before going York or SR - Recently though, I've been thinking about them more. I think I will try the Shrine first though.
Mosaic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2014 at 1:19pm
I just started my Scottish Rite journey.
I: 8/2/2012
P: 9/6/2012
R: 11/12/12
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2014 at 5:28pm
Unfortunately our fall convo was cancelled but we are meeting at my blue lodge on monday where I will watch a few dvd's to start my journey.  A little disappointed but still happy to get started.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic