FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entered on 9/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entered on 9/11
    Posted: September/16/2014 at 12:51pm
as mentioned get in touch with them. Myself and the other instructors introduce ourselves when we go to refreshment After lodge. We tell them when we meet to practice and such. I do not want to see anyone not jump right in to the education and give them a chance to ask questions. About the degree. We like to walk the new brother through the work tht occurred to help with understanding of the catechism.
scotladd View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 9:08am
I was only waiting because I was told they would contct me. I never really studied much on the ways and etiquette in the Lodge (I didnt want to spoil the experience for myself). Because of that I was concerned and didnt want to step on any toes. But now that I read your post, that makes sense. I had not looked at it that way.
Entered: 11 SEP 2014
Passed: 25 NOV 2014
Raised: 20 DEC 2014
Nederland, Texas A.F. & A.M
Lodge #1368
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 5:53am
I've seen new EAs that felt the Lodge/coach should be the one to make time and come to him for the coaching.   ... Not true ...   This is were new EAs can fall thought the cracks.   ... You asked to be a Mason, then it is YOUR responsibility to make the time and effort to meet with the Coach to learn the catechism.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
scotladd View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2014 at 10:59pm
Roger that. I will make the call tomorrow.
Lodge #1368
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2014 at 9:35pm
Congratulations   .... but DON'T sit back and wait on your 'mother Lodge'!   Contact your Mentor or secretary and ask who is your Coach and how to contact him.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2014 at 7:27pm
Congrats!!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2014 at 6:08pm
Congratulations and welcome!!! Since you were "blown away" by your entered apprentice degree, I am sure you will have the same reaction to your Fellowcraft and Master Mason degrees. All the best to you as you continue your advancement.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
scotladd View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2014 at 3:03pm
As the title states! I was very excited and nervous, but I was blown away by the process. A very sobering moment, and one I will cherish forever. Waiting to hear from the mother lodge on who to see for tutoring. Can't wait to progress further into the Craft.
Lodge #1368
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic