Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lodge Officer's Duties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lodge Officer's Duties
    Posted: September/16/2014 at 6:38am
This might be good to separate this from Cautions' thread to see a more detailed breakdown of Officer's duties.    

As a WM, what does " ... "... to set the craft at Labor under good and wholesome instructions ... " mean to you?

As Sr Warden, what does " ... to assist the WM in opening, governing and closing the Lodge ..."   mean to you?

Anyone????
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 1:53pm
WM means to me to run the lodge efficiently and in a just manner.
Sr. Warden to assist the WM in these duties and serve as WM in the elected WM's absence.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 4:17pm
But how does the WM run the Lodge efficiently?    This is what I'm getting at.

Thomasville 369
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 6:26am
I'm confused - your explanation in the previous thread seemed to encapsulate it properly - the WM is the CEO. An effective CEO is responsible for the success of the enterprise under his care. Just like an NFL coach, we judge how good he is, by the success of those he leads.
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 8:40am
Noble

You are correct  ... i was fishing for what other Masons understanding the WM job is.    ...  the true fact a WM can not lead where a Lodge is not willing to follow.  Many new WM think they can start new programs and the members will jump on-board. Maybe so -more likely not.  Most WMs either 'micro-manage' the Lodge or simply 'coast' with the Lodge when in the East.    ... So, even if a WM starts a new program for his year, the next WM may not continue it. Thus alot of expended effort by members can be wasted.

So what does the duties statement of the WM imply?  ... It doesn't state the WM will actually give the 'work' instructions or be the work supervisor.   The next part of the job statement confirms this ( ... or cause the same to be done).   It does state the WM will open and govern the lodge.

How does a WM 'set the Craft at Labor'?  He set up his 'team' or more accurately stated the 'Lodge Committees'.   These committees organize and plan Lodge functions, activities, fund raisers, and educations.   ...

Then with the help of the SrW & JrW, a 3 to 5 year Lodge plan can be developed to include any new programs the SrW or JrW may have.  This helps to insure continuity of the Lodge goals.    ... Thus a Lodge sets it only goals and direction.  

This is the part "Making Good Men Better".   the whole can active more 'Greatness' then the individual.

Thomasville 369
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2014 at 2:18pm
as they say in chuuch - PREACH!
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic