Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Perfect Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Perfect Meeting
    Posted: October/07/2014 at 1:46pm
Hello Brethren,

I've been away for a while, but I came back to ask an interesting question: What would you consider a perfect lodge meeting?

We (masons in general) often talk about how to bring brothers back in to the lodge, or how to attract new brothers, but I want to ignore those issues for a moment and just think about our meetings from a personal point of view.  What is your idea of a perfect stated meeting?  What keeps you coming back to meetings?  What would you like to see more of in your lodge?
Ozzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 4:00pm

The perfection might exist on various levels:

- physical ritual being perfect
- sense of brotherhood being strong
- transformation of the candidate and/or brethren
- interaction between the earthly and heavenly temples

AaronSawyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 4:01pm
My favorite meetings usually involved some ritual work, or discussion about a charity project.  Any meeting where plans were laid and considered was good.  I was less excited when we'd just go through the motions and break for jalapeno cornbread and bean soup.
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2014 at 3:03pm

A perfect stated meeting? That is a lofty goal, IMO a perfect meeting would be as follows:

1) Open and close ritual executed flawlessly
2) Business conducted quickly and efficiently.
3) Masonic education
4) After meeting fellowship

PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2014 at 9:00pm
I have had a very exciting couple of weeks at my Lodge. First we had a FC degree performed at out Masonic home Lodge room. Which was beautiful and just the other day we were lucky enough to receive the GM of Nebraska. We also gave out 50yr pins and proficiency cards. It was a very good night. I was also lucky enough to meet 2 PGM..
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic