Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Returning to masonry... but in another lodge.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennsyMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning to masonry... but in another lodge.
    Posted: October/23/2014 at 11:55am
OOPS!   DELETED - Forum admin please remove.

Edited by PennsyMason - October/23/2014 at 3:20pm
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2014 at 6:12pm
so... change of heart?
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
PennsyMason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennsyMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 7:28am
About posting certain things, yes.

Sometimes a man needs to see his thoughts in print in order to reassure himself that his reasoning was correct.

Sometimes a man sees his thoughts in print and says "Oh, snap! I shouldn't have put that in print!"
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 8:37am
well ... that's what happens when you've already burned your bridges ......
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
PennsyMason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennsyMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

Honestly, I hadn't experienced what freemasonry promises in that lodge in years. In the end, I was paying dues and investing 10 - 14 nights a month just to be made to feel awful, and to feel very guilty for bringing candidates into our lodge, knowing they probably wouldn't find the brotherly love they were seeking, either. Should I have just pretended all was right, and continued on going through the motions like a robot? Just to get a shiny Past Masters jewel?

Edited by PennsyMason - October/24/2014 at 11:28am
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 12:31pm
I would say no, you should not have pretended things were OK just to get a Past Master's jewel. I was in a similar situation. I stopped going to lodge, but I missed Masonry, so after six years I found another one. It is further to travel but I am very happy there. To be sure, they have their issues too; they all do. 

When I left my original lodge I was torn over issues like loyalty, but life is too short. What good is it coming home after every meeting feeling awful like you and I did? In my original lodge the whole culture changed; I just wasn't a good fit. For the most part they weren't bad men, they just had different outlooks and aspirations. I wasn't doing anything for them and they weren't doing anything for me. 

I feel good almost every time I come home from lodge now and I am making much more contributions to Masonry than if I hadn't changed. Win-win for me and Masonry as far as I'm concerned. Some people in my old lodge might not agree with that, but one reaches a point where they must fish or cut the bait.

In the final analysis a Mason won't be judged merely by the number of awards and jewels he received. The Grand Architect judges a building by its foundation and structure, not its facade, IMHO.

Edited by droche - October/24/2014 at 12:40pm
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 5:42pm

I feel like we're missing some info here...
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

a Mason won't be judged merely by the number of awards and jewels he received. The Grand Architect judges a building by its foundation and structure, not its facade, IMHO.

couldn't have said it better myself brother
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

I feel like we're missing some info here...

Hummm  ... if you stayed on top of things you would already know what PennyMason deleted in the opening post.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2014 at 8:52pm
I check the forum on my phone at least three times a day... oh well, guess I missed it.
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2014 at 8:58pm
I saw this post at work and was reminding myself to revisit over the weekend when I could sit down and read it

Guess I was late to the Bar Mitzvah
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic