Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still no one from Nebraska?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still no one from Nebraska?!
    Posted: November/22/2014 at 6:44pm
WANTED ANY BROTHER ON HERE FROM NEBRASKA? Omaha area?
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
BroScubaSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2014 at 7:48am
Do they have internet in Nebraska yet?!

just kidding.

I've only seen one or two others from new jersey here. The community here is a thin cross section of each of our jurisdictions
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2014 at 12:58pm
I know a brother that lives in Nebraska

Then he got a job else where.

I know a brother that lived in Nebraska

I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2014 at 2:59pm
I spent a week in Omaha one afternoon......

(No, that's not an original line; I think it is from W. C. Feilds, but I couldn't resist.)

Bob C
Palm Bay, FL
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 11:19am
I'm from Omaha
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2014 at 9:43pm
Finally!! Thank you! Are you still in the area?
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2014 at 10:13pm
Well ... I'm glad you 2 finally got together.   I was getting worried if we were referring to the same Nebraska that is north of Kansas.

"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2014 at 7:15pm
Yes, I live in Omaha. I'm at Florence Lodge 281. I also went through the last SR reunion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2014 at 12:34am
Very good to meet you Brother. I am at Plattsmouth Lodge #6. Haven't looked into SR yet but I am in the process of returning a York Rite petition soon...we are lucky enough to have the entire RAM bodies here in same building. Happy I finally found someone from Nebraska here!
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2014 at 11:03pm
Nice to meet you brother! I enjoy visiting lodges, perhaps a visit to Plattsmouth is in order!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2015 at 9:45pm
Indeed!! I would invite you to our installation but the dates are up in the air due to a very sad loss that our WM elect has recently experienced... I saw that you are in the SR from another post...would you mind private messaging me sometime ( whenever you can no rush at all )so I might ask you a few questions? Thanks in advance!
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2015 at 9:41am
Absolutely!  PM sent
Naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2015 at 6:38pm
My grandparents were from Nebraska, and was a mason along with his brothers.  I doubt anyone would recognize them or their lodge.  Minden, NE.

They all died before I was born, But I have his rings and stuff.  Wish I could join but I don't know anyone who'd vouch for me.  I also don't know what I have to offer.
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2015 at 12:06pm
Naz,
    Send me a PM. Let's talk about you joining Freemasonry. I will find you a Lodge to approach.

It isn't about what you have to offer, it's about you seeking light of knowledge and wanting to make yourself better.

Once you get to know the brothers of a lodge, and they get to know you, they would sign your petition.
J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2015 at 9:50am
I agree with this.  The best way to find someone to sponsor you is to go to some open functions and get to know the members.  You can see if it's a place you want to be and they will be familiar with you when your petition is in. 

Minden is a ways away from where I live, and I have never seen that lodge.  With your history I would imagine it would be a cool place for you to see (maybe you have).  You have a great legacy there and are fortunate to have those pieces of history.  I wish I had that.  There are Masons in my family, but I have no items belonging to them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 10:14pm
AGREED!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic