Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > York Rite Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YR next month !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YR next month !!!
    Posted: December/13/2014 at 10:51am
Happy to say that I will be YR next month. Excited to see what it holds for me, and one other brother from my lodge.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2014 at 11:11am
Congratulations on your decision to join the York Rite. Enjoy the journey! Please let the forum know about how things went for you after you have experienced the ceremony.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2014 at 2:00pm
I sure will, and know it will be a lifelong memory.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2014 at 4:45pm
I hope you enjoy the initiations.

Edited by KSigMason - December/14/2014 at 4:45pm
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2014 at 12:25pm
Initiations ???? Plural???  Ouch
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2014 at 6:34pm
Yes, initiations. I don't know how things are done in Texas, but in many jurisdictions there are three York Rite bodies: Royal Arch Chapter, Council and Commandery (known in some areas as The Knights Templar).   Here in PA there is a separate ceremony for each.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 2:37pm
I thought you meant all in one day. I am aware of the 3 levels, but I was sweating there for a minute :)

Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

Initiations ???? Plural???  Ouch
Yes. The Royal Arch Masons confers 4-degrees, the Cryptic Masons confers 2-degrees (and some confer 1 optional), and the Templars confer 3-orders.

The Chapter of Royal Arch Masonry confers the degrees of Mark Master, Past Master, Most Excellent Master, and Royal Arch Mason.

The Council of Cryptic Masonry confers the degrees of Royal Master, Select Master, and Super Excellent Master.

The Commandery of Knights Templar confers the Illustrious Order of the Red Cross, Order of Malta, and Order of the Temple.

Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

I thought you meant all in one day. I am aware of the 3 levels, but I was sweating there for a minute :)
The time for initiations depends. My YR bodies confer all in either 2 day or 3 day festivals.

Edited by KSigMason - December/16/2014 at 2:53pm
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2015 at 3:14pm
We did 2 of the 4 degrees today. Very nice ceremony. Going back next month for the last 2 degrees.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2015 at 7:11pm
Brother Jones,
Congratulations! I admire your eagerness for more light. But I want to caution you... You are very new to freemasonry, and given the situation with your blue lodge... Well, I just don't want to see you spread too much cement and have it begin to harden before you can lay the stones accurately. Square...level...and plumb.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2015 at 5:00pm
Very well put brother Adept. I don't intend to go anywhere else for quite some time. My main reason was for more light, and fellowship. Members from my lodge tend to NOT visit other lodges, or join any other lodges in events etc.... I refuse to be a stagnant Mason. One of the gents doing our degree work yesterday was WM of that lodge and gave me a standing invite to visit, and observe their opening, and closing whenever I could, and that is the kind of brotherly love I need to surround myself with. 
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 10:35am
After much consideration I think I will wait on finishing my Royal Arch journey right now. Hopefully I can finish at a later date after getting some training from District for the Blue Lodge. If not I will just forfeit my initiation fees. No problem with that at all.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2015 at 9:08pm
Finished up all my degrees in Royal Arch today.  Bitter /Sweet.....and empty handed.

Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2015 at 8:14am
Empty Handed?
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2015 at 8:35pm
Yes sir. The 4 members from my lodge stood there and watched the others receive their aprons, rituals, gloves, penny, and skull caps. Just like when I was raised to sublime degree. We didn't get our things that everyone else received. I surely am tired of it all. Not Masonry just the way my lodge do things. Its disapointing to say the least when you reach a certain mark, and get no tools to learn, or just rewards. I dont have money to just DONATE .
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2015 at 2:27am
Well that is sad to hear. Some lodges simply do not have the funds to do that little extra. I have heard of some Lodge/Chapters/Councils/Commanderies presenting aprons or other goodies to new members. I'd love for my masonic bodies to able to do this but unfortunately we aren't in a position to do this either. I understand that this seems to add to some of the frustration you have been feeling, but for this particular situation, its quite common and not something you should let get you down.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2015 at 8:15am
We paid for these items on Dec. 5th ($100) but they are late in ordering out things. Over 2 months late to be exact. Our lodge is not giving us anything. We paid for our own items just as the other 4 members from other lodges did. Only difference is they got their's .
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 11:01am
My apologies sir, I misunderstood your last post. Either way that is sad to hear. Question though, are the YR degrees controled by your lodge or by seperate YR bodies? 
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 2:13pm
Dont know exactly how to answer that BigBob but our YR meetings are at my lodge on the 4th TUESDAYS OF THE month. The ceremony was done at another place due to the fact there wasnt enough members to do it at our lodge. All I know is Im getting really tired of excuses as to why we are always the odd ones out.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 5:22pm

I, obviously, belong to a Blue Lodge. But I am also a member of a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons and Council of Cryptic Masons that each belong to their own Grand bodies. I was just wondering if this was the case with you or if your BL controlled those degrees. Not sure if that clarifies my question.

Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 7:04pm
The Royal Arch Chapter that I belong to is a part of the same district that I am in, but is not under my Blue Lodge. My high Priest is from my Blue Lodge, but he is under the Grand High Priest of my district. Needless to say either way our joy was short lived, and we are still unequipped to farthur our studies without a ritual manual.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 7:07pm
During the final initiation we were told by our High Priest that we were not to contact District for any reason, and I was shocked because the District High Priest was standing there. He is goverened by our Grand Lodge. I think they would be delighted to know that. The ceremony was performed by only 3 officers, and we know that is not proper procedure either.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 9:20pm
Nuke ummm........oh dear.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 9:28pm
I won't presume to know the laws of your chapter, but in Florida you would not be considered a RAM, and by attending a tyled meeting those companions would be breaking their obligation by sitting with you. I'm not trying to start anything or cause you further troubles but ethically I would suggest you not show up to the meetings until you have been properly exhalted.  
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2015 at 9:29pm
Yeah I'm upside down too....
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2015 at 9:39am
BigBob you said a mouthfull when you used the word PROPERLY....... I'm beginning to think I don't know the definition of that word. Never been told about being properly exhaulted. What's that? We were sent a message to show up for our first meeting on tomorrow night.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2015 at 9:29pm
In the BL you were raise a MM, and in the RA you are Exalted as a RAM.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2015 at 4:56pm
Well we were told today that our items were NEVER ordered by the High Priest and they should be here in a month. Soooooo promising!!! Not going to let these stumbling blocks steal my joy about the fraternity. I will prevail alongside my fellow RAMs
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2015 at 11:09am
SmileHow are things going with you now Companion? Did you get your items? Did you continue into the Chivalric Orders?
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic