Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chaplain's chair???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chaplain's chair???
    Posted: December/28/2014 at 5:09pm
How is the Chaplain chaired in your lodge ? My lodge doesn't have a chaplain in place, and hasn't for several years. I was asked or basicaly told by a brother that I was going to be put in the Chaplain's chair. Strange thing if you ask me....
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
js584 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2014 at 5:44pm
In our jurisdiction (Indiana) the Chaplain is appointed by the Master like the Stewards and Deacons.  If a Chaplain is not in attendance any worthy Brother can be placed in that office.  
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2014 at 5:47pm
In KY, the Chaplain is an appointed officer. Not all lodges have a full-time designated Chaplain.
Charles E. Martin

Alexandria, VA

Bowling Green Lodge 73, Bowling Green KY (GL of KY, F&AM)

Alexandria VA Scottish Rite Bodies (AASR, Southern Jurisdiction, USA)
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2014 at 6:53pm
The Chaplain is appointed and according to our bylaws does not pay dues. This is because the chair is usually filled by a man of the clothe who's income would be significantly lower than the average member.

If you have been asked to be your lodge's chaplain check your bylaws. You may not have to pay dues.

Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 10:03am
In Scottish lodges the Chaplain, like all the other Office-bearers, is elected by the brethren at the Annual Meeting and Installed at the Installation. He is often, but not necessarily, a member of the clergy.
Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic