Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joined Scottish Rite tonight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joined Scottish Rite tonight
    Posted: January/10/2015 at 12:07am
After seeing the brotherly love of Scottish Rite Masons in action, I changed my mind and petitioned Scottish Rite. I was immediately presented with the 4th degree, had dinner and saw the beautiful 18th degree, Rose Croix. What a great group of brothers! 

Up until recently, I had decided to go through the chairs before I joined any appendant body. IF elected I will sit in the East in June. What changed my mind was the generosity of Scottish Rite when coming to the aid of a distressed worthy brother. After seeing that brotherly love in action I knew I should be part of that and help all I could. I'll be receiving my 32nd degree on March 28th if all goes as planned.
Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2015 at 8:55am
Congratulations! As a brother of the Scottish Rite I welcome you and hope that all goes well for you as you continue with the degrees and also with your upcoming election to the East.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2015 at 9:00pm
I have recently begun talking with our SR in Omaha, Ne. More interested in joining our York Rite but for sure joining the SR is on my wishes as well!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Mosaic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2015 at 2:56pm
I just recently got my 32nd also. It's a waterfall of information. 
I: 8/2/2012
P: 9/6/2012
R: 11/12/12
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2015 at 11:44pm
Welcome to the Scottish rite gentleman, and brothers. I do hope you like to read; because if you are truely interested in the knowledge and teachings of the philosophical rite; and seek not only to obtain degrees and titles... You have much reading, studying, and reflecting to do. Enjoy

Edited by Adept? - January/12/2015 at 12:02pm
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
BroScubaSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2015 at 7:22am
Congratz!

I had the chance to do SR and get my 32nd this past saturday but I'm pretty sure my wife would have not been happy if I missed my son's birthday.

(I would not have been happy either!)
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
NebLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2015 at 9:37am
I have only been in the SR for a short time, since November.  During that time I have already been presented with many opportunities for Masonic education as well as social functions.  There is an emphasis in our valley, as I'm sure there are in others, to include the ladies as much as possible with programs and dinners, etc.  It's already been a very rewarding experience.
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2015 at 11:50am
Congratulations!
PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2015 at 12:18pm
welcome aboard...   "waterfall" is right...
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic