FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEST WE FORGET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by rchadwic rchadwic wrote:

I'd be interested to know which Grand Lodges you are referring to that require a specific profession of Christianity, Bro Cooksic.
Please provide us with more details.
Thank you.
Fraternally and Respectfully

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, FL
The Swedish Rite requires its members to be Christians
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 4:44pm
I'd be interested to know which Grand Lodges you are referring to that require a specific profession of Christianity, Bro Cooksic.
Please provide us with more details.
Thank you.
Fraternally and Respectfully

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, FL
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 4:14pm
In both of the Constitutions to which I belong the only 'religious' requirement stated in their 'Constitution and Laws' is a belief in a 'Supreme Being'. The only other requirements specifically listed are 'being of mature age, free and of good report'.
Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
Cookslc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 12:55pm
But some GLs do require a specific profession of faith, I.e., Christian
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2015 at 4:40am
Originally posted by 2B11044 2B11044 wrote:

embrace and practice the tenets of religion

This is the only part I 100% disagree with.  Spirituality, and faith are not synonymous with religion.  I truly and firmly believe that spirituality brings people together, while religion separates them.  That is where the beauty in Freemasonry lies... not one religion, but one faith; is required for membership.  Simply a faith in a supreme being.  
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Cookslc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2015 at 10:33pm
Sorry, but those are not necessarily the beliefs of all Masons or Grand Lodges
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2015 at 9:52am
well said - is there a source for this?
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
2B11044 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2B11044 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2015 at 8:34pm
A MASONIC CREED

Freemasonry teaches the universal principle of unselfish friendship and promotes those moral precepts which are in keeping with all great faiths. In pursuing this doctrine, the following, though not exclusive, is considered to be basic:

MASONIC BELIEFS

Mankind was created by one God.

This one God is the author of all life.

God's existence is revealed to man through faith and the Book of Holy Scriptures.

The Book of Holy Scriptures is the Ultimate Authority or Great Light of Freemasonry.

The soul of man is immortal.

Man's commitment to Divine Providence determines his destiny.

Man's reverence for God is best exemplified by his actions toward his fellow man.

Considering the universality of Freemasonry, its teachings cannot be defined in any single statement or established profile. The following is considered to be representative of its fundamental precepts and constitutes basic:

MASONIC TEACHINGS

Man's first duty is to love and revere God, implore His aid in all laudable undertakings, and seek His guidance through prayer, embrace and practice the tenets of religion, extend charity and sympathy to all mankind, shield and support the widow and orphan, defend virtue, respect the aged, honor the bonds of friendship, protect the helpless, lift up the oppressed, comfort the downcast, restore dignity to the rejected, respect the laws of government, promote morality, and add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding.

Edited by 2B11044 - January/15/2015 at 8:41pm
H.E. Daniels #532 F&AM
MWUGL of Florida PHA
Bro B. Jackson
Companion of Triangle Chapter No.187
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic