Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you have a custom Apron? Pics?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you have a custom Apron? Pics?

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
NewToLight84 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February/28/2014
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a custom Apron? Pics?
    Posted: January/20/2015 at 12:59am
Was curious to hear your opinions about having an apron made? I know at least where I am nobody really sees a point in it. But, I would like to have one I think...one I would use maybe if I visited other Lodges.
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Back to Top
Adept? View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August/30/2013
Location: Maine
Status: Offline
Points: 746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 3:30am
I had considered getting a 32° apron, but we don't wear aprons at our meetings, and I'm told it would probably be frowned upon to wear a 32° Scottish rite apron to a blue lodge meeting. Which begs the question...why are there aprons for every degree in Scottish rite? Just for presentation purposes I suppose... I do have my own personal blue lodge apron with the traditional square and compass on the front,and the eye of providence on the flap.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 6:31am
My Apron   ... Approved by the Grand Lodge October 2013.


"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 6:48am
A hint to making your own custom aprons.    Get a stack of white cloth or paper aprons and use 'iron-on' transfers.    Then you can make aprons for different special occasions.

BUT !!!! Know what your GL Code is for styling and using of colors on an apron.


The apron above is white satin over duck cloth with satin royal blue ribbon edging.   The sash is white satin with blue & white tzitzit (tassels).
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
NobleShabba View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March/11/2012
Location: MD
Status: Offline
Points: 809
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

I had considered getting a 32° apron, but we don't wear aprons at our meetings, and I'm told it would probably be frowned upon to wear a 32° Scottish rite apron to a blue lodge meeting. Which begs the question...why are there aprons for every degree in Scottish rite? Just for presentation purposes I suppose... I do have my own personal blue lodge apron with the traditional square and compass on the front,and the eye of providence on the flap.


The various artifacts within each degree often embed the symbolism relating to that degree, and the apron is a traditional "blank slate" on which to place some of the ideas germane to that lesson.
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Back to Top
NewToLight84 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February/28/2014
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 7:53pm
No picture showed up on my board?! I wanted to see it!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by NewToLight84 NewToLight84 wrote:

No picture showed up on my board?! I wanted to see it!


Check your browser sittings.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman
Avatar

Joined: October/18/2014
Location: Wright City, MO
Status: Offline
Points: 265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2015 at 10:07pm
My custom made apron is a Past Master's apron given to me by my lodge as a gift upon the completion of my year as Worshipful Master. At the time, the Knights of St. Andrew in Oklahoma City used a local seamstress to make these and was selling them to make money for their organization. Sadly, they no longer do this. I have been Worshipful Master on two other occasions, but this is the only Past Master's apron I own. 

When you were initiated, did your lodge present you with a white leathern apron? In Missouri, we are given an apron and instructed to "wear it with pleasure to yourself and honor to the fraternity." Sadly, I see very few people actually wear their initiation apron once they are done receiving their degrees. If you have one, I respectfully suggest that you wear it to your regular lodge and any other lodge you visit.



Edited by WBScott - January/20/2015 at 10:18pm
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Back to Top
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman
Avatar

Joined: October/18/2014
Location: Wright City, MO
Status: Offline
Points: 265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2015 at 9:03am
Yes, I have already responded, but this has been bugging me. 

When you say you want a "custom" apron, what exactly does this mean? What are you looking for in an apron that would require it to be custom made?

I am going to make an assumption (which can be a very dangerous thing to do!) that based on your screen name, you have not been involved in Freemasonry very long. Perhaps you have seen brethren wear "fancy" aprons like the mine and think, "Gee, that is really nice! I want one of those!"

I don't know about Nebraska, but when you see an apron like mine with the tassels, fringes and fancy embroidery, it is in recognition of the fact that I am a Past Master. You will notice that the symbol in the middle of the apron is not the normal square and compasses, but it is the compasses with a scale (the curved part under the points) in place of the square which indicates that I am a Past Master. (Some Past Masters symbols also include the square as well as the scale.) The point of this is that I have earned the right to wear such an apron. I do not wear it out of a sense of vanity or wanting to show off. That is definitely not the Masonic way of thinking!

If you are indeed a Past Master, there is no shortage of Masonic regalia companies where you can purchase an apron recognizing your service to the Craft. But also realize that a pure white apron is the proper badge of a Freemason and just because they may not have fancy fringes or embroidery, there is absolutely no shame at all whatsoever in wearing one. Again, wear it with pride to yourself and honor to the fraternity.






Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Back to Top
YES View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2015
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 86
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by WBScott WBScott wrote:

...
When you say you want a "custom" apron, what exactly does this mean? What are you looking for in an apron that would require it to be custom made?...


Ditto.

Keeping in mind as stated previously, you have to make sure any apron you wear complies with your Grand Lodge Constitution, General Regulations, Rules, and Edicts, something like this may be what you are looking for, it is on ebay.



or you could always go with something like this from the 19th century.



At any rate, you run the risk of being considered pretentious by a lot of folks unless you are wearing a special apron for a Grand Lodge office you hold.  In fact no one I know ever wears their Past Master's aprons except maybe for Past Master's night.
Back to Top
NewToLight84 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February/28/2014
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2015 at 10:51pm
Yes we are given an apron but...we only wear it after first receiving it and then if you wish you are buried with it.
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Back to Top
NewToLight84 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February/28/2014
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2015 at 10:52pm
That is a beautiful apron by the way!!!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Back to Top
NewToLight84 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February/28/2014
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2015 at 10:58pm
I'm not trying to be fancy or show any brothers up..I simply was asking if it would be a wise choice to get my own apron so that I may travel to other Lodges if I so choose.. Every Lodge may not have aprons for visiting brothers to wear. As far as my screen name goes...don't let if fool you. Masonary has been a love of mine for almost a decade before I even became a Mason. Thanks for everyone's input
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 5:39am
Originally posted by WBScott WBScott wrote:

...

I don't know about Nebraska, but when you see an apron like mine with the tassels, fringes and fancy embroidery, it is in recognition of the fact that I am a Past Master. You will notice that the symbol in the middle of the apron is not the normal square and compasses, but it is the compasses with a scale (the curved part under the points) in place of the square which indicates that I am a Past Master. (Some Past Masters symbols also include the square as well as the scale.) The point of this is that I have earned the right to wear such an apron. I do not wear it out of a sense of vanity or wanting to show off. That is definitely not the Masonic way of thinking!

...


It's called a 'quadrant'.     A tool to measure angles and/or direction by the 'polar coordinate' system of measurement.   ... The 'square' is a tool to prove a 90 deg angle.  If the square also has scales (ruler) on both legs, it then could measure angles by the 'rectangular coordinate' system of measurement.  Two tools which can do the same job.  But the quadrant is not limited by the length of its legs and therefore more advanced and more useful (aka: a Past Master).


Edited by edwmax - January/23/2015 at 6:12am
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 5:53am
Originally posted by NewToLight84 NewToLight84 wrote:

I'm not trying to be fancy or show any brothers up..I simply was asking if it would be a wise choice to get my own apron so that I may travel to other Lodges if I so choose.. Every Lodge may not have aprons for visiting brothers to wear. As far as my screen name goes...don't let if fool you. Masonary has been a love of mine for almost a decade before I even became a Mason. Thanks for everyone's input


Most Lodges provide 'guest or visitor' aprons.    But at some special functions it is not uncommon for the Lodge to not have enough.    ... Carry and use a handkerchief as an 'instant' apron.   Just tuck the corners into your pants waist or at the belt.

There are several companies that sell masonic supplies and aprons.   Two old companies are J P Luther and Macoy Masonic Supply.   ... Just use your search engine.

Aprons at Luther:  http://www.jpluther.com/aprons.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiA_4emBRCxi8_f2cWWjFcSJAB-v1qyMB378j8uy6sKVMeJ8qxwuuMHXTycMWHnmL7_0V_zMBoCEWTw_wcB

"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman
Avatar

Joined: October/18/2014
Location: Wright City, MO
Status: Offline
Points: 265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 6:59am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

It's called a 'quadrant'.

You learn something new every day! Thank you!
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Back to Top
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Avatar

Joined: November/06/2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 6949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2015 at 7:05am
I see now you were referring to a ready made MM aprons rather than a 'custom' apron as stated in your opening post.     You can see from the link to JP Luther that members aprons are $30 to $80; presentation style officers & Past Master Aprons are $150 to over $300 each.   'Custom' masonic aprons would be $400 and up (more likely $500 -$600) depending on the amount of detailing and embroidery work.   ...  My 'custom' apron pictured above, I made myself at a cost of about $30 for materials.

The apron picture just above is one of the handmade General Lafayette aprons or a modern copy.  These 'historical' aprons reproductions are available too.  Aprons of this time period (early American) were handmade and embroidered/painted by the Mason's wife.   Most Lodges did not supply aprons or had very few available for visitors.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."





Thomasville 369
Back to Top
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: December/15/2014
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2015 at 10:17am
The pretentious part I was worried about. However, there is a huge market for nice Master Mason aprons and many, many to choose from. Yet, I never see anyone but PMs wearing their own aprons. I really want a nice apron but afraid, as you said, it would come off as trying too hard or pretentious. Shame too because so many nice ones on the market.
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
Back to Top
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman
Avatar

Joined: October/18/2014
Location: Wright City, MO
Status: Offline
Points: 265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 7:35am
Originally posted by CLewey44 CLewey44 wrote:

The pretentious part I was worried about.

From the Missouri EA lecture:

"You were neither naked nor clad, because Freemasonry regards no man for his worldly wealth or honors. This therefore was to teach you that it is the internal and not the external qualifications of a man which recommend him to Freemasons."

Just sayin'....


Edited by WBScott - February/28/2015 at 7:36am
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Back to Top
Adept? View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August/30/2013
Location: Maine
Status: Offline
Points: 746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 9:16am
Originally posted by CLewey44 CLewey44 wrote:

Shame too because so many nice ones on the market.


I say go for it my brother! You have earned the right by becoming a master mason. I have my own... It's nothing fancy, but it's not the plain white they supply at the lodge. Mine has the square and compass on the main apron, with the eye of providence on the flap.
    Lately I've been considering buying myself a 32° apron, but we don't wear aprons at Scottish rite meetings, and I've been told that it would be "inappropriate" to wear a 32° Scottish rite apron to a blue lodge meeting. I may get one anyway though...I'm very proud of my accomplishments in masonry, and I feel that I should be allowed to wear the regalia of the highest degree I've achieved. Nobody says anything about my ring (which has the square and compass on top, the 14th degree on one shank, and the Scottish rite double headed eagle on the other) I wear my Scottish rite medal and pins on my suit jacket, and no one says anything about them either. I've had people ask me about the Scottish rite because of my medal and pins...it's free advertising for the rite. The way I see it...any brother should be allowed to wear any regalia of his choosing, of any degree he has achieved if he chooses to do so.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Back to Top
Adept? View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August/30/2013
Location: Maine
Status: Offline
Points: 746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 9:21am
As far as being pretentious goes...well, here is the definition pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

One could make the argument that a past master wearing a custom past master apron is pretentious.

I say: To each their own. Wear whatever apron or regalia you wish...so long as you've earned it.

Edited by Adept? - February/28/2015 at 9:26am
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Back to Top
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman
Avatar

Joined: October/18/2014
Location: Wright City, MO
Status: Offline
Points: 265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

Lately I've been considering buying myself a 32° apron, but we don't wear aprons at Scottish rite meetings, and I've been told that it would be "inappropriate" to wear a 32° Scottish rite apron to a blue lodge meeting. I may get one anyway though...I'm very proud of my accomplishments in masonry, and I feel that I should be allowed to wear the regalia of the highest degree I've achieved.

With all due respect my brother (uh oh, now you know you are in trouble!)...

There are only three degrees in Freemasonry, period. Anything beyond the degree of Master Mason is something granted by an appended body and has no significance in a tiled Masonic lodge.

We have our share of members who are 33° Scottish Rite Masons, but in a tiled blue lodge, they are on the same level as every other Master Mason, unless they hold or have held Grand Lodge offices such as District Deputy Grand Masters or Lecturers. And even at that, they hold no higher authority than the Worshipful Master in a tiled lodge unless they are officially performing their duty in that role.

And even though you feel that you should be allowed to wear the regalia of the highest degree that you have achieved, it is really not up to you to make this decision... at least not in Missouri. Our Grand Lodge bylaws state:

"Aprons of Appended and Adopted bodies may be worn within a Missouri Masonic lodge during a tiled meeting only when the brother wearing such apron is at that time formally representing that Appended or Adopted body, or if wearing such an apron is part of a lodge education program sanctioned by the lodge, or if sanctioned as part of a Chance to Advance class."

So before you spend your money on a Scottish Rite apron that you intend to wear in your tiled Masonic lodge, check with your jurisdiction's bylaws. It could save you some money and possible embarrassment.
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Back to Top
Nero View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 9:55am
I have several aprons . My PM and MM aprons are custom made white on white(tassels,fringe,trim and embroidery all white on white silk backing) . Sorry , no pictures . Another white on white MM apron the wife gifted me that she ordered on line . My PHP and PIM are standard over the counter aprons . I have a couple of plain white linen aprons made with elastic waist band and quick release buckle that I keep in my truck and in the wife's car with a couple pairs of my funeral gloves for Masonic funerals . Along with my DDGM apron and a couple of aprons just for show (not to wear) that I picked up here and there .

Again , I have no pictures of them other than some of myself wearing them at various Masonic functions but those are on my laptop .

My GL lodge has no regulations concerning aprons . I was going to purchase a replica of Washington's apron to wear during degrees , had the GM standing next to me and I asked him (what I already knew , but it's good to have the GM's blessing)if he would care and he said "Wear what ever you like , we have nothing in our constitution that would prevent you from wearing it ." .

Edited by Nero - February/28/2015 at 10:03am
Back to Top
YES View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2015
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 86
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

As far as being pretentious goes...well, here is the definition pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

One could make the argument that a past master wearing a custom past master apron is pretentious.

I say: To each their own. Wear whatever apron or regalia you wish...so long as you've earned it.

Of course everyone has the right to wear any apron that meets their Grand Lodges requirements, but remember:

 “The Lambskin or white leather apron, is an emblem of innocence and the badge of a Mason; more ancient than the Golden Fleece or Roman Eagle; more honorable than the Star and Garter, or any other order that could be conferred, at this, or any future period, by king, prince or potentate, or any person, except he be a Mason; and which, I trust, you will wear with equal pleasure to yourself and honor to the Fraternity.”

 The plain white cloth members aprons that most if not all lodges have available for members and visitors is representative of the “Lamskin or white leather apron”.

 Perhaps one of the following words would more appropriately reflect how some members may perceive someone wearing an elaborate apron for a regular meeting.

 vain

 adjective \ˈvān\

: too proud of your own appearance, abilities, achievements, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vain

conceited

 adjective con·ceit·ed \-ˈsē-təd\

: having or showing too much pride in your own worth or goodness

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conceited

haughty

 adjective haugh·ty \ˈhȯ-tē, ˈhä-\

: having or showing the insulting attitude of people who think that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/haughty

self–important

 adjective \-tənt, -tənt\

: having too high an opinion of your own importance

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-important

Not that you should let it effect your decision, I can tell you from 43 years experience in masonry that many members look at like that.  
Back to Top
Nero View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: September/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 10:46am


And in all my many years in Masonry , I can tell you that (1) I would never think ill of my brethren no matter what they wore and (2) I can care less how others look at my wearing of custom aprons .

Edited by Nero - February/28/2015 at 10:47am
Back to Top
YES View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2015
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 86
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Nero Nero wrote:



And in all my many years in Masonry , I can tell you that (1) I would never think ill of my brethren no matter what they wore and (2) I can care less how others look at my wearing of custom aprons .

To each his own.
Back to Top
Adept? View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August/30/2013
Location: Maine
Status: Offline
Points: 746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by YES YES wrote:


Originally posted by Nero Nero wrote:



And in all my many years in Masonry , I can tell you that (1) I would never think ill of my brethren no matter what they wore and (2) I can care less how others look at my wearing of custom aprons .


To each his own.
<<<----that is what I said... And all those words you posted the definitions for... Again, could also describe a past master wearing his past master apron. Another word that could better describe BOTH (I think) would be pride! Also, I'm certainly not taking anything away from the honor of a plain white apron, but to me it is also exactly that... Plain. I prefer the look of an apron with some Masonic imagery on it. Again I say..TO EACH THEIR VERY OWN. And if any "brother" believes he is fit, or has the least right to judge me, or any other brother for taking pride in his Masonic journey and achievements and displaying so as he may see fit to do so....well, maybe he doesn't understand what it means to be a brother. Maybe...just maybe...he may not deserve the title.



Edited by Adept? - March/17/2015 at 1:38am
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.