Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ladies Organizations & Youth Organizations > O.E.S. Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worthy Patron's Duties?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worthy Patron's Duties?
    Posted: January/24/2015 at 7:09pm
What are the duties of a Worthy Patron in OES?
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
GAmastermason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAmastermason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 12:05am
First, are you in OES? Because he recites his duties.
Past Master
Past High Priest
Past Illustrious Master
Past Eminent Commander
Past Worthy Patron OES
Yaarab Shriner
Tall Cedars of Lebanon
KYCH
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 9:20am
Assuming this position on the 31st

Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 8:08pm
To hold a "general" supervision over the affairs of the Chapter
To see that the officers are proficient in their work
and to assist the W.M. in the discharge of her duties.

Beyond this it varies greatly.

Our Patrons serve on the examining committee, they are greeters on the doors, they teach proficiency to new members and can act as parliamentarian when needed.
Our A.P. doubles as Flag Bearer.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2015 at 9:13pm
Thanks De Darrah. Sound like he can be a busy part of the group. Just like I like it.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2015 at 2:07pm
This is a position that very clearly teaches you the difference between "authority" and "power".

Authority is people doing what you say because you are the boss, power is people doing what you say because you have earned their respect.

As Patron, you will need at times to provide instruction and guidance with TACT and RESERVE, remembering that the Worthy Matron is the one who is actually the head of the Chapter.

You will need to learn more than everyone else there, but not come across as a know-it-all.

You will superintend your emotions, so that you are not caught up but still be engaged to know when to step in.

You will have to be the hand that gently guides without being a bully.

In other words, you will need to be the Best Back Seat Driver that has never been seen!
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2015 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

This is a position that very clearly teaches you the difference between "authority" and "power".

Authority is people doing what you say because you are the boss, power is people doing what you say because you have earned their respect.

As Patron, you will need at times to provide instruction and guidance with TACT and RESERVE, remembering that the Worthy Matron is the one who is actually the head of the Chapter.

You will need to learn more than everyone else there, but not come across as a know-it-all.

You will superintend your emotions, so that you are not caught up but still be engaged to know when to step in.

You will have to be the hand that gently guides without being a bully.

In other words, you will need to be the Best Back Seat Driver that has never been seen!

A MEN TO THAT!
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2015 at 3:13pm
Gentlemen this is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you guys are at the opening with just what I need to hear. Thanks from me without any reserve.
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic