Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > York Rite Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get out?
    Posted: February/23/2015 at 2:08pm
I need direction on how to get out of Royal Arch Masonry without disturbing my Blue Lodge affiliation, as well as my OES relationship. I have been reading the constitution, but haven't found the procedure on getting out. I also have looked in Mackey's Jurisprudence for guidance. Now I am here. Please give me guidance.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
Merv S View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merv S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2015 at 5:50pm
I can't speak for Texas,but would suggest that you approach your Chapter Scribe E who would know the protocol. Recently, I tendered my wriiten resignation to my RA Chapter[ I have health issues] and had no problem at all. 

IMO your resignation will have no impact on either your Craft or OES status. It is not necessary to explain your reasons, but you may feel obliged to do so. If there any contentious circumstances then it probably would be wise not to make mention of them. You might wish to return to RA Freemasonry some time in the future, so burning bridges may not be a wise option!
Fraternally,
Merv
Merv Sprague MM
Thespian Lodge 268 UGLQ
RAC No 43 SGRACQ
Celer et Audax
I. 10/3/2008
P. 14/7/2008
R. 11/8/2008
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2015 at 5:58pm
Great input. I don't care to burn bridges. Just get out
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2015 at 7:54pm
Didn't you just get in?
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Nero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2015 at 11:58am
Just like any other body , you demit .
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2015 at 1:44pm
In most jurisdidctions, if you do not pay your dues you are then suspended for non payment of dues. Then, at some future time if you wanted to become active again all you would have to do is apply to be re-instated by the payment of the current year's dues. That may be the best way so as to not "burn any bridges behind you."
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2015 at 1:51pm
Is your problem with that one chapter, or is it an issue with the Holy Royal Arch Masonry?
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2015 at 6:53am
In a previous thread, the OP expressed some dissatisfaction in his experience versus the other brothers going through.   Brothers take note, this is a great way to lose membership...
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2015 at 10:42am
Not quite following what you are saying Nobleshabba
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

Not quite following what you are saying Nobleshabba

Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

In a previous thread, the OP expressed some dissatisfaction in his experience versus the other brothers going through.

The OP (original poster, meaning you) expressed some dissatisfaction in another thread (being empty handed after the degree work etc)

Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

Brothers take note, this is a great way to lose membership...

A general reminder to the brothers, that the work is not done just because the degree work is completed. Some amount of follow up is good to ensure membership retention.
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic