Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Military Brethren
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding out someone is a fellow traveler...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding out someone is a fellow traveler...
    Posted: April/11/2015 at 9:36pm
It's funny, I walked into a captain's office a few months ago (I'm an E-6) just to visit and say hello. At the time, I was a FC so I was catching onto things in Masonry. I walked in and said hello and he extended his hand to me and shook it in a peculiar manner. So naturally, my mind was stuck there for about 3 minutes as he's describing how to do something I had casually asked him about related to Air Force. After a few minutes, I finally said, "Sir, are you a Mason?" He started cheesing and said "I sure am!" I didn't say why I assumed he was but I just said "I thought you were" We got a good chuckle out of it and started asking each other questions which lodge and this and that. I was about to be raised in a few days and low and behold, he came. He drove a good hour to my lodge and attended my ceremony. I thought that was really cool and I appreciated that a lot.

Always interesting when you find out someone else, maybe you've known for years, is brother.

That happen to other folks?

Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2015 at 6:10am
I'm pretty sure that happens a lot based on my own encounters and those around me - and it was very cool that he drove all that way to attend your raising.   Congrats, looking forward to good things out of you!
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2015 at 8:56am

About 20 years ago I was on a filed assignment with Harris Corporation in Germany, testing a comm system we had sold them. We were setting up in a training area near Kaisersalutern; a detachment of the Belgian Army was doing an exercise adjacent to us. One morning, one of the Belgian NCOs came up to me, pointed to my ring, and identified himself as a Brother. We had a nice chat, after I got over the surprise.  Also while there, I met a member of the local (Pirmasens) Lodge who worked on base, and had the opportunity to sit in Lodge with them. A very nice experience.

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic