Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oldest EA.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boing1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oldest EA.
    Posted: April/23/2015 at 4:06pm
We travel to a lot of lodges to help with degree work, last night we helped out on 2 EA degrees. And when we got there supper was being served,so they said candidates first.so, a few of us was looking around for younger or little older guys.and when we got up stairs we found out the 2 gentleman that was our EA are in their early 70s. what is the oldest EA,FC,MM, Have you had in your lodge ? Meaning initiation,passing,raised.

Edited by boing1972 - April/23/2015 at 4:08pm
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2015 at 6:22pm
Well,... he would certainly be the oldest candidate for the degrees that I've ever heard of.  The oldest I've ever seen myself was late 40's to mid 50's.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2015 at 8:00pm
When I came in last year, one man on the investigating committee was an older retired man in his mid to late 70s. He had only been in for about 2 or 3 years which would put him about 70ish when he joined.
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2015 at 9:33pm
It has been said that due to his advanced age Voltaire should not have been made a mason. This is of course in regards to the common interpretation of the MM obligation in the USA so I cannot say whether that would have been the case in France.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2015 at 10:20pm
I conferred the EA and the Masters degree for an 82-year-old brother at a neighboring lodge last year.   The fellow has turned out to be a good and active Brother, and will be attending the Scottish Rite reunion in two weeks.  "Why did I wait so long?" he said...   ;-)

Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2015 at 11:03pm
A different type of old EA.  In 2012 I came across a EA who was initiated in 1983 and had not advanced.  I attended church with a gentleman who was initiated prior to being deployed to Korea.  Like wise he hadn't advanced further.
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2015 at 9:01am
I've had a couple of those as well...   Shortly after I was raised, one of the brothers in the lodge who had been an EA for 28 years decided to try to move up.  Memory work was not his forte (hence the 28-year gap) but he learned enough to pass proficiency and get his MM degree that fall...  and has ever since been a big asset to the Lodge. 

Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic