Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > King Solomon's Quarry > Who comes here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting day at work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bro.Torres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting day at work
    Posted: May/08/2015 at 7:08pm
I don't want to get to much into my job description. Let's say I'm a federal civil servant. Well, I encounter a gentleman today that kept eyeing my Masonic ring. He built up the courage and ask, "Are you a Mason?". I happily replied, "I certainly am". He then tells me he was also a Mason and the conversation got a whole lot interesting.

This gentleman didn't have a filter and talk about certain things you just don't talk about outside of lodge Without knowing he's a worthy and qualified Brother.

my Cowan alarm went off and I ask him What lodge is he from.

He told me he hasn't been initiated into a lodge yet. But, his Grandfather was a Mason which makes him one. I was like ummmmmmmmm... I explain to him he cannot be a Mason until he gets initiated into a regular & constituted lodge.

He went off, calling me fake, stupid, foolish... I turned away and and walk back to my government vehicle.

Unfortunately, I might see him tomorrow on my route again.

Well that was my unfortunate day.
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2015 at 3:28pm
Not at all, he was just a little embarrassed. Give him time, and you may find that your words were the lesson he needed - saying there is yet one more step he needs to take... ;)
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

Not at all, he was just a little embarrassed. Give him time, and you may find that your words were the lesson he needed - saying there is yet one more step he needs to take... ;)
Very True.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic