Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flea Market & Help Desk > Techno Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on Mastermason.com web hosting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on Mastermason.com web hosting
    Posted: May/16/2015 at 9:12pm
We have been using Mastermason.com for a number of years now to host our District web site.
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if we are able to use our own domain name instead of the one provided when we set up with Mastermason.com? We recently obtained a domain name and tried another free site when Mastermason.com went down late last year but now this other site is putting advertisements on our pages, even some which are blatently anti-masonic. We have returned to Mastermason.com and would like to use our domain name if possible. I have tried to contact stonecutter with no success.

PM Lodge Mangaroa No. 419, Upper Hutt. NZ. PM The Waitohi Lodge No.111, Picton, NZ.
Past Grand Lecturer, Southern Division, GLNZ.
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2015 at 9:28pm
Unfortunately I can't help you with that. All I can say is try private messaging edwmax. He is the only active admin that I am aware of...
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2015 at 4:49am
Did you try using the contact 'email' link in Stonecutter's profile?     ... I think this forwards to his regular email & may be his phone.

I think the answer to your question is 'yes'.  Mastermason.com does full hosting services.

Another option would be to set up your own server.     You need a computer online 24/7; a static IP number from your DSL/cable provider; and one of the free HTTP server programs (xitami).   Xitami works great for my domain.   http://www.xitami.com/

The computer does not need to be the latest high speed system. An older computer running Xp, vista, or win 7 will do just fine.  

PM me if you have more questions.

"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic