Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is everybody??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is everybody??
    Posted: June/05/2015 at 3:20pm
I've been watching for the past couple weeks and the paucity of posts makes me wonder where everyone's disappeared to... Seems a bit early for the Summer Doldrums, but, hey, whadda I know??
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 5:52pm
I'm still here, I check in a few times every day. Has been awfully quiet lately...
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Hyksos View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 7:45pm
I'm around. I tend to just watch these days. Plus, I've been busy lately.
Gainesville Lodge #41
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 11:01pm
A lot of the forums seem to be ghost towns these days. Unless someone posts a controversial or polarizing topic, the interest in most threads seem to die early or they simply never get off the ground.

Also, there are only so many ways to debate the same old tired threads. Over the last four years or so many have been banned or left due to a plethora of reasons: bad blood, hurt feelings, misplaced anger, and personal grudges have created clicks and site preference . . .

Many come to the forums seeking answers, but once they get them, or realize they won't find them on a internet forum, they leave. Just like lodges if forums stop providing a enjoyable or rewarding experience people will leave. If I recall, one forum tried to set up an actual meet and greet conference a few years back (which I thought was a great idea) but I believe not enough people came or RSVP'd so it either never happened or didn't happen again.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2015 at 7:15am
Most of the lodges here have their last meeting in May and don't meet again until September. Many brethren are off to their cottages etc. Is that a common pattern elsewhere? It may well at least partially account for the recent lack of activity.

That said, this last week has been very busy for me with Lodge Installations the last 2 Saturdays and a Quarterly Communication of our District Grand Lodge last Tuesday evening. One last 'fling' before the summer recess!
Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2015 at 9:39am
I just recently joined, and I read everyday.

I like this site, lots of good stuff here.

When I see something that I need to comment on I will be there, right now just floatin' along.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2015 at 1:14pm
As am I. I was just beginning to think that I had developed a case if Internet Halitosis or something; the lack of commentary was making me wonder.
Good reasons put forth, though. I will continue to listen (watch?) (Lurk?) and if I see anything worth chiming in on, I will.
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2015 at 5:51pm
Well I guess if we really want to stir it up, someone could post a real controversial topic, or start some other type of horsehockey, and then the flame wars would start, that might get a few back to commentCensored
Only kiddingWink
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2015 at 7:00pm
Still here, Lodge is dark, vacation season started...  Still check in a few times a week. Good to see you all!
Travel Safe my Brethren.
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2015 at 6:54pm
I enjoy this site. A lot of archived discussions I frequently run into when I search for topics. Also the sites hosted by the website usually hold some information too.

As for the scarcity of new topics and users, it's just the trend of internet discussion groups these days. Now it's heading towards social media (facebook, twitter, reddit, instagram etc) but those too have their issues and complaints from their users as far as repetitive and for lack of better words, unwholesome content.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2015 at 6:55pm
As for me, I've been a little busy with my personal life. I'm still active with my lodge though mentally I'm just there so I won't get fined...or in this case suspended. LOL. My priorities and attention are set outside of the masonic world for now.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
ArchangelRaised View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArchangelRaised Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by BigBob BigBob wrote:

wrote. . .
Many come to the forums seeking answers, but once they get them, or realize they won't find them on a internet forum, they leave. Just like lodges if forums stop providing a enjoyable or rewarding experience people will leave.  

I just witnessed the splendor of the sublime degree of Master Mason.  Quite an experience.  So may opportunities now available. . . .

What was the first path that interested you, after being raised?

Blessings to my brothers of the craft,

Tevis

Edited by ArchangelRaised - June/20/2015 at 8:47am
Tevis Verrett

P: July 2014
I: September 2014
P: February 2015
R: June 2015
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic