Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting back in the groove

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting back in the groove
    Posted: August/23/2015 at 11:25am
Many if not most Lodges are dark in the summer.

September is upon us and we are going back to work.

I want to wish everyone a prosporous and productive year.

Lets recruit good men, honest men and strengthen  the fraternity.

Lets work, and continue to do charitible deeds.

Let's make our organization shine and be an example of the noble men that we are.

Have a great year gentlemen.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2015 at 8:27am
Agreed, my brother, but let's not hasten September before it actually gets here.  That leads to Christmas stuff being out before Halloween...   one thing at a time.
J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2015 at 9:07pm
I shall be 'getting back in the groove' with a bang! Next week I have a meeting of my lodge General Committee, A Quarterly Communication of the District Grand Lodge and the Installation of our new District Grand Master by the Grand Master Mason, an event which involves bringing the Grand Master Mason and Grand Secretary over from Scotland and only occurs every five years. Associated with these meetings is a pot luck at the Quarterly Communication, an informal lunch with the Grand Master Mason when he visits our Lodge building, a formal banquet after the Installation and a Sunday Brunch with the GMM before they head back over the Pond.

My wife once commented "Everything you get involved in seems to involve eating!"
Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2015 at 9:28pm
We will be doing likewise here in Sunny Florida. Watching the news with hurricane Erika headed straight toward us, and our Lodge building is right on the shoreline of the Indian River; look right out from the parking lot and see the river and behind it the Atlantic Ocean.   I suspect that we'll go down Sunday afternoon and move everything up so that if it floods we can minimize damage. Wish us luck....  Had the first Stated Meeting after darkness scheduled for Tues nite, but I expect we'll cancel it.
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2015 at 4:37am
Originally posted by CanadianPaul CanadianPaul wrote:

My wife once commented "Everything you get involved in seems to involve eating!"

What could she possibly mean by that???

But anyway...

Even though my "home" lodge comes back from darkness next week and my other one the week after that, the big event of course is the annual Grand Lodge communication at the end of September. As the DDGM, I will then have to visit all of the lodges in my district and spread the Grand Master's message.  Oh boy!
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic