Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Masonic tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just1flyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masonic tattoos
    Posted: September/30/2015 at 11:01am
Hello and greetings fellow brethren. Just a quick question to you all. What is your take on masonic tattoos? I am a newly raised brother and I have a BIG all seeing eye tattoo in the middle of my neck. During my initiation one of the elder bothers after the meeting said something about it ...."you're going to be defending that a lot" mind you I am the only young man in my lodge in their 20's everyone else is 50+.. My question is having a tattoo a problem if you can master it or is it the same thing as wearing a emblem, hat, belt buckle, ring, etc. Oh yea and I got the tattoo when I was like 16 lol I am 29 now...

Edited by Just1flyguy - September/30/2015 at 2:33pm
BroScubaSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2015 at 12:45pm
There is nothing wrong with tattoos. The only problem with a tattoo is that you cannot take it off and be subtle (masonically)

Say I was going to an area that had a negative view on masonry.

It's easier to take off a ring versus a S & C tattoo that may be on my forearm, for example...
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
Just1flyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just1flyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2015 at 2:31pm
I agree with you brother...I usually can cover it up if im wearing a business or collar shirt...just was a little curious as to others thoughts about it.
TakRail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TakRail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2015 at 10:52am
I have tattoo's and do not plan to stop getting them any time soon. None are Masonic... YET, lol. I got my first tattoo when I was 18 and I am not 41. Matter a fact I have an appointment this coming Monday to get another.

The all-seeing-eye is not just a Masonic symbol; it was adopted, so to speak, due to it origin and symbolism. It was originally symbolic of a higher spiritual power or God, a watchful caretaker of humanity.

My brother, we are all equal in the lodge and if some look down upon you for having a tattoo or having that particular tattoo then the issue is not with you... if you like your tattoo, wear it with great pride and by all means show it off if you want or cover it up if you want. But don't to one or the other just to please others. 
Initiated - April 27th 2007
Passed - June 13th 2007
Raised - August 8th 2007
AASR 32° - August 10th 2012

Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2015 at 10:56am
I see nothing wrong with a Masonic tattoo at all. I do not have one yet but am planning on getting one. I never take of my Masonic ring. If someone with a negative view of Masonry sees it and dosen't like it....tough!
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
Just1flyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just1flyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2015 at 1:46pm
I agree with you..just thought to myself, "why wait until I get raised" should have been brought to the lodge attention when I 1st petitioned(if it was a problem) doesn't bother me any I'm a young man in with a bunch of elder brothers full of knowledge so I'm eager to learn.. But I won't look down on another brother because of ink lol ..plus it's the signs of time the apparence of the younger generation has changed. I say that to say this as long as a brother is just and upright your outter apparence shouldn't matter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic