Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect in Sanity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect in Sanity
    Posted: December/11/2015 at 6:47pm

The Fit Foil Foul Fits Fitly.

The seepage of one’s assumptions permeates thoroughly all that one views. How one views "Perfection" is included in this thought’s basin. Freemason’s Rituals are activities intended to reveal paths that show how to Perfect men. How men see this "Perfection" affects all that they shall do. More importantly, it affects all that they shall be.

-----------------

If it hasn’t happen to you already, it’ll happen to you soon enough. At one point in your Fraternal experience, at least one of your Brothers will proclaim, "no one is perfect" while alluding to a very strong belief that "no one will ever be perfect until they have passed beyond this physical realm". Immediately following this proclamation, a physical and verbal showing of support will usually radiate from all who are present.

It’s interesting to view these exchanges. Often times the individuals most animate to affirm this adage are least likely to show any significant signs that they have Worked toward improving themselves. It’s almost as if adages like this one support an unworldly stasis intended to preserve their status quo.

Continue Reading here: http://buildinghiram.blogspot.com/2015/12/perfect-in-sanity.html

Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by coach coach wrote:

The seepage of one’s assumptions permeates thoroughly all that one views. How one views "Perfection" is included in this thought’s basin. Freemason’s Rituals are activities intended to reveal paths that show how to Perfect men. How men see this "Perfection" affects all that they shall do. More importantly, it affects all that they shall be.

-----------------

If it hasn’t happen to you already, it’ll happen to you soon enough. At one point in your Fraternal experience, at least one of your Brothers will proclaim, "no one is perfect" while alluding to a very strong belief that "no one will ever be perfect until they have passed beyond this physical realm". Immediately following this proclamation, a physical and verbal showing of support will usually radiate from all who are present.

It’s interesting to view these exchanges. Often times the individuals most animate to affirm this adage are least likely to show any significant signs that they have Worked toward improving themselves. It’s almost as if adages like this one support an unworldly stasis intended to preserve their status quo.

Continue Reading here: http://buildinghiram.blogspot.com/2015/12/perfect-in-sanity.html

Thanks to coach, I am aware of the importance of the ashlar as an allegory of perfection, and as an instrument to visualize the goal to perfection. Again, thanks for that.

Question: Can a non-Mason have an ashlar to perfect? Or is that strictly for Masons?
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by GrimoireA3 GrimoireA3 wrote:

Originally posted by coach coach wrote:

-----------------

Thanks to coach, I am aware of the importance of the ashlar as an allegory of perfection, and as an instrument to visualize the goal to perfection. Again, thanks for that.

Question: Can a non-Mason have an ashlar to perfect? Or is that strictly for Masons?

You do not have to be a member of the organization of Free & Accepted Masons to work upon your ashlar.
Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic