Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man Arrested in Alleged Masonic Temple Attack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man Arrested in Alleged Masonic Temple Attack
    Posted: January/26/2016 at 8:03pm
scout View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 7:58am
Men are known by their enemies. The light burns them.
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 8:47am
Maybe if this type of crap increases concealed carry people should be allowed to
carry inside Lodge
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 12:58pm
This is scary, but sadly I'm not surprised.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 3:00pm
This issue has come up.  My Mother Lodge is known in the jurisdiction as "The Police Lodge"....even though there are more IT folk and less cops.  Our Junior Deacon is a DC cop.

I've already emailed our Grand Secretary asking if there are any provisions in our Grand Lodge code prohibiting it, and my Mother Lodge's landlord asking if they have any policies.

If the answer to both is no, I have already informed my Worshipful Master that I intend to propose a Standing Resolution of our Lodge making it our policy that sworn LEOs are explicitly permitted to carry their service weapons while in Lodge.  

If someone comes to the door with a weapon and an axe to grind, I am not about trying to hamper the cops that might be able to protect me.

J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Sec'yBob Sec'yBob wrote:

Maybe if this type of crap increases concealed carry people should be allowed to
carry inside Lodge

Brother Sec'yBob, What prevents you from carrying in Lodge? I have read the code book ( Ohio ) and see nothing saying a MM can not carry. Ohio state law allows as long as it isn't marked, and as long as the Lodge " rents " the building they can not make it a no carry zone... Just wondering, I know all jurisdictions are not the same...
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 3:50pm
There is most likely no laws prohibiting it; however, why were you divested of all minerals and metals??? I'm not saying I disagree with carrying. I had a concealed carry permit for 10 years until my state just made concealed carry without a permit legal. My state is also an open carry state. (As all should be)
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

There is most likely no laws prohibiting it; however, why were you divested of all minerals and metals??? I'm not saying I disagree with carrying. I had a concealed carry permit for 10 years until my state just made concealed carry without a permit legal. My state is also an open carry state. (As all should be)

You are only divested of all metallic substance...  until you become a Master Mason, No Master is divested upon entering. Only the candidate is. Again I know and understand each jurisdiction has it's own rules.  
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 10:49pm
This issue was brought up before Grand Lodge several years ago.

It was ruled by the GM, that no guns will be allowed inside a tiled Lodge room.

If you want to carry, then the Lodge should buy small Lockers mounted outside the door, guns placed inside and the Tiler responsible to guard them until Lodge is closed.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 5:51am
There's an additional admonition in the follow-on section of the EA ritual, that one should bring no weapon, offensive or defensive, within the lodge room, likewise we should either reconcile any hard feelings against another brother, or leave them out side the lodge door before we come into the meeting.  It's not just the divestiture thing...

Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 1:35pm
I think the talk about divestiture and offensive or defensive items in the lodge room in this thread is being taken out of context. These things apply to candidates being initiated and their purpose is to illustrate a lesson to initiates. At no other time is a member deprived of these things.

Of course, under normal circumstances it is very ill-advised and perhaps prohibited in some jurisdictions to bring weapons of any sort into a lodge. In the case where a threat exists to a lodge, I'm not sure at this point what the response should be. I feel that people and lodges have a right to protect themselves and not be subject to intimidation, but things have to be analyzed very carefully. Any sort of knee-jerk reaction could do more harm than good. 

I think it's too early to tell right now what the reaction should be. Just my opinion.
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by De Darrah De Darrah wrote:

This is scary, but sadly I'm not surprised.

I may not be a Mason, but this attack caught me off guard.

A year or two ago someone tried to light the hallway entrance to the Boston Grand Lodge on Tremont street on fire with a molotov cocktail.  But he was just some kind of nut acting alone.

But this attack by an avowed Muslim because Freemasonry supposedly plays with world politics like a game, was done methodically - with a plan and a purpose.  I was a bit shocked that a radical Muslim should all of a sudden single out Freemasonry??  What's the point??At a loss
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
scout View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2016 at 7:54am
I asked our DDGM about the Florida Grand Lodge's policy on concealed carry in the lodge. He told me that it is absolutely allowed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic