Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > The Northwest Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Germantown, MD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bro.Raymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Germantown, MD
    Posted: February/05/2016 at 11:19am
Hello,

I hail from Pentapha Lodge #194 in Germantown, Maryland. I have recently been passed to the degree of Fellow Craft on 28 January 2016. With some serious studying, I have been told that I am proficient enough (about 99.x%) in my memorization of the Fellow Craft Catechism to be examined on our next meeting 11 February 2016. GAOTU willing, I will pass the balloting and, I was told I would be raised with another brother on 25 February 2016.

As 26 February is my Birthday, I am very grateful and proud. With hard work, a little luck, and the blessing of Diety, I will be joining the ranks of the Master Mason soon.

Great to meet all of you and I hope to join in some conversations as well.

-Raymond Tayse
Sometimes there is a peace that can only be found on the far side of war.

Grand Lodge of Maryland AF&AM
Pentalpha Lodge #194, Germantown, MD
I: 12/10/15
P: 1/28/16
R:
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2016 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Bro.Raymond Bro.Raymond wrote:

Hello,

I hail from Pentapha Lodge #194 in Germantown, Maryland. I have recently been passed to the degree of Fellow Craft on 28 January 2016. With some serious studying, I have been told that I am proficient enough (about 99.x%) in my memorization of the Fellow Craft Catechism to be examined on our next meeting 11 February 2016. GAOTU willing, I will pass the balloting and, I was told I would be raised with another brother on 25 February 2016.

As 26 February is my Birthday, I am very grateful and proud. With hard work, a little luck, and the blessing of Diety, I will be joining the ranks of the Master Mason soon.

Great to meet all of you and I hope to join in some conversations as well.

-Raymond Tayse

Outstanding! Great attitude, Welcome aboard.
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2016 at 6:23pm
Welcome to the Fraternity, and the forum.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2016 at 8:12am
Congratulations and all the best to you as you prove your proficiency for advancement. Happy Birthday, too!
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Bro.Raymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bro.Raymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2016 at 1:27pm
Just an update, I passed my proficiency on Thursday night. It is official, I will be raised on the 25th of February 2016.

I am finding myself a bit bored this weekend heh. My wife is at work, and I have nothing to study... 
Sometimes there is a peace that can only be found on the far side of war.

Grand Lodge of Maryland AF&AM
Pentalpha Lodge #194, Germantown, MD
I: 12/10/15
P: 1/28/16
R:
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2016 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Bro.Raymond Bro.Raymond wrote:

I am finding myself a bit bored this weekend heh. My wife is at work, and I have nothing to study... 

My Brother, I have been a Mason for 15 years and let me assure  you, there is ALWAYS something to study!

Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2016 at 8:35am
Indeed.  Go over what you have already learned.  Remember, it's not so much about the memorization (not to diminish that aspect) but more about the understanding of the lessons being memorized.  Read...study... reflect.  Once you are raised, please update us with your progress, and be sure to contact admin with your dues card and what not so that you may have access to our "tyled" areas of the forum.  You have much more to read and learn about.  It is truly a life long lesson  and journey.  

check this out for more info.
http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12462
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2016 at 7:54pm
And once you are raised, you have the benefit of being able to travel to other lodges in your jurisdiction and others.

Congratulations, and I offer an invitation if you're ever in DC on the second Thursday of the month to come to LaFayette-DuPont #19.

If you speak any German at all, you are invited to Arminius #25 on the third Monday of the month.

PM me for locations and times.

J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic