Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShots Fired!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

Adept, you have made it clear that you are against organized religion and have made some very hostile statements towards it, and about one major religion in particular.

I don't recall having made any "hostile" statements about any religion in particular.  I have however made some factual statements about certain religions, and religion as a whole, that could certainly be viewed as hostile by those of that particular belief system.  This back and forth that has taken place here above is the product of differing opinions, and that is all well and good, but when one individual, affiliated with our order or not, begins stating beliefs, and opinions as facts.. then we have a problem.  As I have previously stated, and will state here again now.  Beliefs and opinions are NOT facts.  No matter how much you believe, or how hard you cling to them.  No more than facts are any less factual simply because you make a conscious decision to ignore them because they are contrary to your beliefs.

as well as respect for all religions. That seems to have escaped you. 

I guess I will have to agree with you on that point Brother.  I respect an individuals right to believe whatever they choose.  All I can do is attempt to educate and enlighten.  You can lead a person to the light, but you can not make them see it.  I have no respect for religions at all.  Rather I understand, and recognize them for what they are, or rather what they were.  A tool.  A means to an end.  An allegory, never meant to be taken as literal, no different than our beloved, and sacred rituals.  But they have been misinterpreted, and misunderstood by millions the world over since their inception.  As have our very own rituals.  I have heard many a Brother speak of our ritual stories as if they were actual accounts of historic events.  They are not!  They are allegorical stories, unfortunately misunderstood by so many.

Here we are in the dark ages... I long for the awakening and enlightenment of our species....

Edited by Adept? - March/25/2016 at 2:01pm
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 2:46pm
Well, I tried to enlighten you a little bit but you are not seeing it. All I can say is I am very disappointed and disheartened by your outlook. I hope in your Masonic Journey you will find a way to see things differently. Your outlook is very destructive to yourself.
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 2:58pm

Well, I tried to enlighten you a little bit but you are not seeing it.

Hey, that's my line.  LOL!  

Your outlook is very destructive to yourself.

How so...???  Please elaborate.

Edited by Adept? - March/25/2016 at 2:59pm
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 3:47pm
Any deep, lingering hostility and anger toward anything is self-destructive. Your hostility and anger comes through on your posts. I say that as a Brother wishing you to improve yourself in Masonry and not to excoriate you.
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 3:52pm
Yes, Freemasonry can be hurt by the toleration of homosexual members and the support of homosexual marriage. And here's why.

So I'll try to bring this thread back on focus.

First I understand Masons to be circumspect when it comes to discussing Masonic issues with non-Masons, even fans such as myself. But if I were a Mason, then I could not be as candid as I am now. So I can afford to be blunt - sorry for that.

Now what happens when an organization welcomes homosexuals or is infiltrated by them has a clear example to observe - the fate of the Catholic church.

Because the Catholic church ignored its own rules against the ordination of homosexuals as Catholic priests, as clearly described in the Catholic catechism, and warnings about the reality of homosexuality as vividly described in the Holy Catholic Bible, the Vatican is now currently enjoying dozens of billion dollar law suits, tens of thousands of sexually abused children at the hands of homosexual priests, a declinage in Catholic membership, a critical shortage of priests, the massive sell-off of huge tracts of real estate, the closing of hundreds of Catholic churches & schools (including my own), and the forced consolidation of resources. Not to mention public scorn and international ridicule. And all this could easily happen to Freemasonry if Masons don't get their act together and openly disagree with absurd homosexual marriages and caustic homosexual lifestyle.
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 4:02pm

Any deep, lingering hostility and anger toward anything is self-destructive. Your hostility and anger comes through on your posts. I say that as a Brother wishing you to improve yourself in Masonry and not to excoriate you.

Well thank you for you concern Brother.  I do appreciate it.  Rest assured however that my hostility and disdain toward religion as a whole is based solely on my personal belief that it is detrimental to the advancement of civilized society, and the human race as a whole.
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by GrimoireA3 GrimoireA3 wrote:

Yes, Freemasonry can be hurt by the toleration of homosexual members and the support of homosexual marriage. And here's why.

So I'll try to bring this thread back on focus.

First I understand Masons to be circumspect when it comes to discussing Masonic issues with non-Masons, even fans such as myself. But if I were a Mason, then I could not be as candid as I am now. So I can afford to be blunt - sorry for that.

Now what happens when an organization welcomes homosexuals or is infiltrated by them has a clear example to observe - the fate of the Catholic church.

Because the Catholic church ignored its own rules against the ordination of homosexuals as Catholic priests, as clearly described in the Catholic catechism, and warnings about the reality of homosexuality as vividly described in the Holy Catholic Bible, the Vatican is now currently enjoying dozens of billion dollar law suits, tens of thousands of sexually abused children at the hands of homosexual priests, a declinage in Catholic membership, a critical shortage of priests, the massive sell-off of huge tracts of real estate, the closing of hundreds of Catholic churches & schools (including my own), and the forced consolidation of resources. Not to mention public scorn and international ridicule. And all this could easily happen to Freemasonry if Masons don't follow their own warnings regarding caustic homosexuality found in the Sacred Book of Law.
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 6:26pm
Admin Note:   I agree this thread is headed South with no winners in this debate/discussion.   Everyone has their own opinion and will not likely to change ... and ... at this point have clearly stated their position.    ... The problems highlighted will have to be resolved by GLs & GMs involved. 

So I am Locking this thread and warn everyone to Temper their posts and opinions on this subject.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic