Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Links
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedvideo links

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: video links
    Posted: March/28/2016 at 7:20pm
I'm going to place some links to various videos in this thread.

Some may find them offensive, other, more objectively minded individuals should find them quite educational and thought provoking!  Which is my goal here.  To provoke people to THINK!

Here is the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpZRTTQl6nc
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2016 at 7:44pm
I guess I don't know how to post a link.  You can just copy and paste into your browser, should you choose to view them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VRnXPDuXs

Edited by Adept? - March/28/2016 at 7:48pm
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2016 at 8:22pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovg0eYjM64w
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2016 at 2:38pm
I'm glad to see there are no negative comments in here.  Well.. maybe I shouldn't be.. maybe nobody watched the videos..  Anyway, I'm hoping that they have been watch and pondered by many.  

Now I'm sure that there are some that have watched the videos, and found them offensive, and down right atheist in nature.  I assure you that while some in the videos may be, and the videos themselves may be,  I am not an atheist.   I am however, a follower of science.  I posted those videos above to hopefully spark a little critical thinking in some religious people.  

Now for the good part...

Don't worry, this video is in no way anti-religious, nor is it religious in any way.  Even if you chose not to watch any of the other links I posted... for the sake of all mankind, please watch this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJHJzDQcRM

Edited by Adept? - April/01/2016 at 2:40pm
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 11:32am
O.K., I thunk about it.

Tools needed to do an objective critique:

Use analytic tools, such as:

DIALECTICS: Exposes the hidden contradictions within a system of thought or ideology using a method of argument or exposition that systematically weighs contradictory facts or ideas with a view to the resolution of their apparent contradictions.

THE HEGELIAN TRIAD - thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis. Easier, every argument has a counter argument.

Sherlock Holmes's famous maxim to Watson: When you remove the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Be acquainted with all the logical fallacies and historical fallacies, and how to apply them to a book, movie, documentary, lecture, or speech.

Examples:

'Argumentum Ad Numerum' (appeal to number) or the Appeal to Popularity. This is a 'red herring' fallacy intent to mislead or distract to a false conclusion. Uses a seemingly plausible though ultimately though ultimately irrelevant diversionary tactic.

A 'plausibility' argument means if it is not impossible, then it can be possible. Aliens, Big Foot, Yeti's, Loch Ness Monster are results of plausibility arguments.

'Petitio principii' Begging the Question - assuming the truth of your statements 'a priori' without proof. Atheists claim the Bible 'begs the question' because it does not prove the existence of God.

These are just some of the many errors I noticed in all three of these videos.

Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 1:24pm
There are 4 videos.

It is not my intention to debate scientific fact, or even unproven scientific theory, with theological mythology, and religious theory (that being all a belief system is at it's very core, even if many preach it as true and factual when it is not) from any era, past or current. All are free to accept or decent from any or all of the information presented. I'll not be debating the subject. Disharmony is not my intention.

Thank you for your comments.
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

There are 4 videos.

O.K., my mistake, I did view all four.

I'll not be debating the subject. Disharmony is not my intention.

Not disharmony. Objectivity. The search for truth has no bounds.

Thank you for your comments.

I would like some feedback regarding my analysis.
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 2:24pm

I'm going to place some links to various videos in this thread.

Some may find them offensive, other, more objectively minded individuals should find them quite educational and<i style="font-weight: bold;"> thought provoking!  Which is my goal here.  To provoke people to THINK!

Here is the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpZRTTQl6nc

http://tinyurl.com/oxdj6a9

Titled: Your religion is a fairy tale. Wake up.

The narrator immediately manipulates his argument by basing it on a false premise: "....no amount of belief will make anything true."

None of the major religions insulted in this clumsy propaganda video has ever believed that 'belief' makes anything true. That is for pagans and magic and Wicca and the occult and the ignorant.

In fact, major religions feel the opposite is true, that Truth fosters belief. Somewhere in the prehistoric past of mankind, according to religious documents, a human had witnessed a supernatural event. And from this murky past crude information was past down in an oral tradition (eyewitness accounts?) until codified which formed a belief system which all the religions alluded in this video subscribe.

The narrator then creates a self-fulfilling prophecy, that if something is insulted often enough, and long enough, then the insults will be believed - based on his false premise (again, no amount of belief will make anything true) - including this particularly manipulative video.

The video was dedicated to Carl Sagan. Why?
Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 3:35pm
You are obviously offended, and insulted by the information presented in at least one of the videos, and there is not a thing I can do about that.  You are free to believe whatever mythology makes you feel better, and helps you sleep at night.  As I previously stated, I'll not be debating the subject with you.

Originally posted by GrimoireA3 GrimoireA3 wrote:

The video was dedicated to Carl Sagan. Why?

I have no idea... you'll have to contact the people who made the video.

Adept? View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2016 at 3:37pm
This thread is now closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic