Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Define SOUL? Do only humans have one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2016 at 10:54am
Originally posted by GrimoireA3 GrimoireA3 wrote:

The superstitious ancient Egyptians took a multi-aspect 'gestalt' view of the human soul, that it was divided into five or more parts, with the 'ka' being equivalent to a 'spirit'...
...So One Part Soul - the other (spirit?) helps manifest it - is a view held by the superstitious ancient Egyptians, Theosophers, Kabbalists, Frankists, and others. But not contemporary theologians. Interesting.

Thanks, I guess it was I that missed your original reply. Apologies for that. Although you didn't need to add to it. Quoting it for me would have been sufficient.

My response is this... You DID state (in your quoted text shown above) that certain peoples, and their religious beliefs are/were superstitious. I think (know) that they would disagree, and could claim the same about you, and your chosen religious beliefs. You further stated in your reply that ALL Protestants are heretics. I think (know) that they would disagree also.

Formal college education is not required to point out hypocritical thinking. But it would appear that it enables one not to recognize it at all.... At least in one case I can think of...

Education is not synonymous with intelligence. I've known, and know plenty of college "educated" individuals who were/are as numb as a hammer pounded thumb.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2016 at 11:04am

Originally posted by coach coach wrote:

God, forgive me for trying to respond to what misleadingly appeared to be a legitimate appeal for help.
You misinterpret quite a bit.

Bold claims require significant proof. Are you up for it.
Quote Learning disability?

No thanks. I have enough of yours for now.
Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2016 at 11:11am

... You have a lot of denial & projection problems in all your poor analysis of posts.
Looks who's projecting...

... This is straight out of the Orthodox Jewish Bible - why didn't you quote from the Masonic Bible (King James text)?
You actually believe that there is a Masonic Bible?

... Coach, does your doctorate in Theology ...

What doctorate in Theology?

GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

Thanks, I guess it was I that missed your original reply. Apologies for that. Although you didn't need to add to it. Quoting it for me would have been sufficient.

Thank you for carefully reading my thread with understanding. Quoting each post would be easier if they were numbered.

My response is this... You DID state (in your quoted text shown above) that certain peoples, and their religious beliefs are/were superstitious.

"and their religious beliefs"??? Never said that in my above post, or any post I've ever made in my life. You've read into it again.

You further stated in your reply that ALL Protestants are heretics.

Heretics YES, superstitious NO!

I think (know) that they would disagree also.

Do you care if anti-Masons thinks Freemasons are Satan worshipers??

Formal college education is not required to point out hypocritical thinking.

No, but it does make you an expert in ferreting out hypocritical thinking. Because that is what you are trained to do in four years of undergraduate education, two years of graduate education, and six to twelve years of PhD education, plus two more years of 'post doc' education.

And I have a basis for comparison (two honorable discharges and two college degrees).

Education is not synonymous with intelligence.

Actually it is. It's how you use that education that is controversial. {think coach}.

[QUOTE=Adept?]I've known, and know plenty of college "educated" individuals who were/are as numb as a hammer pounded thumb.

And I've known two Olympians who were weaklings?? And I've known a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who was a coward??? And I've known Navy Divers who couldn't swim??? And I've met a college professor who won the Nobel prize (at MIT for cryogenics) who was stupid????
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2016 at 5:31pm

... You have a lot of denial & projection problems in all your poor analysis of posts.

"Looks..." [sic]???

... This is straight out of the Orthodox Jewish Bible - why didn't you quote from the Masonic Bible (King James text)?

Masonic Bibles are on sale at Amazon.com; and at the Massachusetts Grand Lodge on the third floor, and they can be read on Youtube (unfortunately by anti-Masons). So yes I do.

[QUOTE=GrimoireA3] ... Coach, does your doctorate in Theology ...

[QUOTE=coach]What doctorate in Theology?

Different than a doctorate in divinity. But I made a mistake.

By the way, what is your doctorate in divinity IN?? Methodist? Baptist? Quakerism?
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2016 at 5:33pm

God, forgive me for trying to respond to what misleadingly appeared to be a legitimate appeal for help.
You misinterpret quite a bit.

[QUOTE=coach]Bold claims require significant proof. Are you up for it.

The proof is in all your posts.
Q>E>D>
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2016 at 5:35pm

Learning disability?

The best rebuttal you can make is taking a sentence fragment out of context???
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2016 at 6:10pm

"Looks..." [sic]???
Obviously the slang went over your head.

Masonic Bibles are on sale at Amazon.com; and at the Massachusetts Grand Lodge on the third floor, and they can be read on Youtube (unfortunately by anti-Masons). So yes I do.
You've missed the point yet again.

... Coach, does your doctorate in Theology ...

What doctorate in Theology?
Different than a doctorate in divinity. But I made a mistake.
Make that yet another one.
Quote By the way, what is your doctorate in divinity IN?? Methodist? Baptist? Quakerism?
It's not. nope. nope. nope.

Learning disability?

The best rebuttal you can make is taking a sentence fragment out of context...
Nice catchy aphorism... not always true though.

Still avoiding the question I see.

ga.mason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ga.mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2016 at 7:27am
There is nothing more amusing than watching so called educated intellectuals, banter back and forth. All the fancy words and isms' cast about, and what have we learned....nothing. It must be what second and third graders sound like on the playground at private schools. Please carry on though, the entertainment value is priceless.
Snellville Lodge#99

Snellville,Georgia

Past Master 2011

2009 Mason of the Year (Snellville #99)

2011 Lodge of the Year (9th District)

DDGM Ninth District, Subdistrict F 2014
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by ga.mason ga.mason wrote:

There is nothing more amusing than watching so called educated intellectuals, banter back and forth. All the fancy words and isms' cast about, and what have we learned....nothing. It must be what second and third graders sound like on the playground at private schools. Please carry on though, the entertainment value is priceless.

Hi ga.mason,

You would really enjoy William F. Buckley's FIRING LINE program then. Half the battle of a University education is definitions and concepts.
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2016 at 1:26pm
Not speaking for ga.mason, but I enjoyed Firing Line. There was more clarity to it than these threads about the soul and Idols of the Theater.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2016 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

Not speaking for ga.mason, but I enjoyed Firing Line. There was more clarity to it than these threads about the soul and Idols of the Theater.

Yes, absolutely correct. There are many advantages in face to face discussions, such as fewer misinterpretations.

Which brings up an idea I've been toying with - how does a meeting of Boston area Masons of this forum with me in front of the Massachusetts Grand Lodge on Tremont street and take the tour of the building together that they offer (M, W, F, 10am - 4pm)?

Edited by GrimoireA3 - September/08/2016 at 4:47pm
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2016 at 4:56pm
The only other Boston area Mason I'm familiar with on this forum is Windriver, but I'm game after I retire on Nov. 4.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 6:23am
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

The only other Boston area Mason I'm familiar with on this forum is Windriver, but I'm game after I retire on Nov. 4.

Cambridge mason is also local, but maybe all of New England to include Adept?

I am going to start a new thread with a meeting suggestion so as not to veer off topic again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic