Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mason Meet-Up.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mason Meet-Up.
    Posted: September/09/2016 at 6:36am
Hi. If possible I would like to suggest a meet-up with all local New England Masons from Mastermason.com forums and myself in front of the New England Grand Lodge on Tremont Street here in Boston? - and take their public tour together (M, W, F, 10am - 4pm)?

For those who are willing to meet, Boston has excellent transportation to the Grand Lodge area. So a simple day trip is possible.

What do you think?

This is a continuation from another thread.
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 9:20am
That would be a 1300 mile trip (one-way) and not within my budget at this time.   

Besides, my Ducks wants me here every night and morning to feed them.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 9:21am
Humm ... a trip to Boston, Ga could happen (28 miles)

Thomasville 369
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 10:26am
Originally posted by GrimoireA3 GrimoireA3 wrote:

... but maybe all of New England to include Adept?

I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately that isn't something I can do at this time either. My budget is too tight for it. I'd also have to take time off work since they don't offer weekend tours, and from my location in the woods of central Maine it's a 5+ hour drive. So it would be a day trip just in travel time. Unless I flew (30-40 minutes) which is also outside my budget.

I do love Boston, and would love to take the wife and kids there sometime in the future. A beautiful and historic city. I love it. Regrettably, I haven't been there since 2007 when my ship made its farewell port call to the city before we decommissioned her. A lot of Freemasonry history there as well. (As I'm relatively sure you've already discovered)
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

You could bring your ducks to Boston, throw them into the lagoon at the Boston Public Garden across the street from Grand Lodge and have everyone else feed them. The money you save on duck feed could possibly pay for your and their fare to Boston and back. Just a thought.
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Adept? Adept? wrote:

... but maybe all of New England to include Adept?

I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately that isn't something I can do at this time either. My budget is too tight for it. I'd also have to take time off work since they don't offer weekend tours, and from my location in the woods of central Maine it's a 5+ hour drive. So it would be a day trip just in travel time. Unless I flew (30-40 minutes) which is also outside my budget.

Amtrak leaves Brunswick Maine to Boston.

Regrettably, I haven't been there since 2007 when my ship made its farewell port call to the city before we decommissioned her.

The JFK tied up at the piers in my hometown, South Boston (Southie).

[QUOTE=Adept?] A lot of Freemasonry history there as well. (As I'm relatively sure you've already discovered)

Found out big time.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

You could bring your ducks to Boston, throw them into the lagoon at the Boston Public Garden across the street from Grand Lodge and have everyone else feed them. The money you save on duck feed could possibly pay for your and their fare to Boston and back. Just a thought.

I would never be able to round them up (all 15) to come home.   The cost of raising new Ducks would be more than the trip.   Besides there also 45 +/- chickens with the 15 new chicks hatched in May.   Three of the new chicks likes sitting on my shoulders while I walk around the yard.    ... The Duck free-range during the day, so feed cost for them is about 50 cent/day.

Thomasville 369
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 7:14pm
Darn ... now the Dog has got wind of this.   She'd standing by chair nudging my elbow wanting food.

Thomasville 369
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 7:58pm

The JFK tied up at the piers in my hometown, South Boston (Southie)..

Ayuh, March 2007. I was on it. Had a great time in Bean town!
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 8:08pm
Amtrak is still 3 hours 25 minutes one way.  And it's about an hour and a half drive to get on the train, so nothing gained there really.  I plan to make it back there sometime, but prob not sometime soon.

Edited by Adept? - September/09/2016 at 10:31pm
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2016 at 8:32pm
Of course you know I was being facetious, not that i wouldn't want you to come to Boston and show you around.

I could just see someone throwing ducks into the lagoon in the prim and proper Public Garden. All the PETA demonstrators from the Common would rush over and throw him into the lagoon.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2016 at 7:12am

Of course you know I was being facetious, not that i wouldn't want you to come to Boston and show you around.

I could just see someone throwing ducks into the lagoon in the prim and proper Public Garden. All the PETA demonstrators from the Common would rush over and throw him into the lagoon.

I won't have to throw the Duck in, just show them the water. ... I don't have a pond, so I use a large kiddie pool.    2 times a day the pool looks like a big Jacuzzi party.  

Oh well ... may be one day I'll get to visit Boston, Ma

Edited by edwmax - September/10/2016 at 7:13am

Thomasville 369
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2016 at 8:16am

I won't have to throw the Duck in, just show them the water. ... I don't have a pond, so I use a large kiddie pool.    2 times a day the pool looks like a big Jacuzzi party.  

Oh well ... may be one day I'll get to visit Boston, Ma

You could give them a ride on a Boston Duck Tour boat?
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2016 at 8:21am

The JFK tied up at the piers in my hometown, South Boston (Southie)..

Ayuh, March 2007. I was on it. Had a great time in Bean town!

Were you on the KENNEDY when she was tied up at the Castle Island terminal when someone put a bumper sticker on her bow and it was in all the Boston newspapers? I bet the duty section heard about that.

P.S. Bostonians don't call Boston 'Beantown', we call it the Hub.
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2016 at 9:44am
I don't recall any bumper sticker incident, but I was on board when she stopped there in '07. They offered public tours while we were there, and thousands of people attended. A bumper sticker doesn't sound too far fetched... LOL
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2016 at 12:29pm

I don't recall any bumper sticker incident, but I was on board when she stopped there in '07. They offered public tours while we were there, and thousands of people attended. A bumper sticker doesn't sound too far fetched... LOL

The bumper sticker on her bow occurred about 1994-5?
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2016 at 1:34pm
Ha!  No.  I would have been 10 then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic