Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is everyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is everyone?
    Posted: October/30/2016 at 9:00pm

No posts since 19 October….. Halitosis of the forum???  Someone not using their deodorant??? Laryngitis??? Constipation of the Internet????

Where is everyone?

Bob Chadwick

Palm Bay 397

Palm Bay, FL

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2016 at 10:34pm
I'm still here... I check in just about every day despite my demitted/unaffiliated status.  
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 6:24am
Is someone not here?
Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 8:37am
Alright ya'all, listen up.

Raise your hand if your not here
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 2:33pm
I'm here. 

There are many alternatives to forums like this. Many of them are far more convenient and populated. For example, there are many many pages on Facebook and most of us are already there plus we have it on our phones. Several forums I used to frequent have been shut down due to inactivity. 

Unfortunately we appear to have invested in buggy whips.
Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2016 at 4:37pm
yo!     Hug    I'm still here.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2016 at 8:23am
 I check on from time to time. I enjoy these boards very much. Sadly, many of my favorites have shut down. 
Charles E. Martin

Alexandria, VA

Bowling Green Lodge 73, Bowling Green KY (GL of KY, F&AM)

Alexandria VA Scottish Rite Bodies (AASR, Southern Jurisdiction, USA)
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2016 at 8:26am
I am still here, would love to get into something here, but no new topics.

I will wait patiently............................
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2016 at 10:34am
Hey I posted after Oct 19.
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2016 at 7:36am
Originally posted by windrider windrider wrote:

I'm here. 

There are many alternatives to forums like this. Many of them are far more convenient and populated. For example, there are many many pages on Facebook and most of us are already there plus we have it on our phones. Several forums I used to frequent have been shut down due to inactivity. 

Unfortunately we appear to have invested in buggy whips.

This is interesting to me. Masonic internet forums have been around for maybe 10+ years. One of the first was Freemasonpride in which I was very involved, having been an administrator of that forum so I have very fond memories and maybe a bias toward it. Anyway, I think one of the reasons for its demise was that it was a victim of its own success. Several what I consider to be "copycats" went off and created their own forums much along the lines of Freemasonpride thinking they could improve on it and perhaps looking for some self-aggrandizement, but taking members from Freemasonpride in the process. So be it. It's a free market.

It looks now like Masonic internet forums are going the way of the dodo bird and being supplanted by social media and others. So be it as well as far as I'm concerned. I happen to avoid social media so I don't see myself switching to social media for Masonic discussion. Not being that familiar with these new ways I have a question:

How is social media, as a means of Masonic discussion, superior and preferable to an internet forum?
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2016 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by droche droche wrote:

Not being that familiar with these new ways I have a question:

How is social media, as a means of Masonic discussion, superior and preferable to an internet forum?

Well, I have two media pages One for Riddle Lodge No. 315 and one for Ohio Masons...  I only allow Masonic Members access, so I don't have to put up with any of the anti crap. On these type sites it's all Brethren doing the posting.  I like both myself, but sometimes I get a little fed up with the want-a-be's...
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic