Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!
    Posted: November/24/2016 at 9:50am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Brethren and their families. And let's not forget this who can not be home with their families today and keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 11:12pm
Have a great Turkey Day everyone, over stuff yourselves watch the parade and all the games.
I have cheated already, I won't get any left overs from dinner so I bought a turkey breast and have already had two turkey sandwiches.   mmm good.  Big smile
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 5:06pm
Timely and appropriate message from Bill

Too often, we all take life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for granted, and forget that we
live in the greatest country in the world, thanks to our vets, and while we have our troubles in this country, life is good, and we have loving families, and we should reflect on the things we have, and our quality of life as it exists, and be thankful for all of that.  Some may be ill, some may not have a job, but I think if we all dig deep, we have a lot to be thankful for and there is promise for the future.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 5:06pm
Congrats on the retirement Droche.  I was forced into an early retirement a number of years ago from CBS television.  At that time I was only 52 and was not ready to sit back and not do anything.  For the past 14 years I have been working part time as a substitute school teacher and enjoying it very much.  At this point, I am slowly backing off the number of days I work and am presently only working about 5 to 6 days a month.  I am  not quite sure when I will walk away from subbing completely, maybe a few more years.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 12:06pm
Thank you log cabin Bill, and a very happy Thanksgiving to you and all other forum members. Your comment on a happy retirement was particularly applicable to me. I retired 2 weeks ago. I am now 63 and have worked since I was 11. Still hard to bring myself to say,"I am retired," but so far, so good.
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 7:58am
Dear Brethren:  I hope all of you will take a moment to stop and think about all that you may have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Always remember those things in life that we may take for granted:  friends, family, home.  Also for many of us, steady employment or an enjoyable retirement.  Everyday should be a day of giving thanks.  Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and please remember the true meaning of this holiday----to give thanks.  Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic