Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > Scottish Rite Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SR Master Craftsman Syllabuses for Programs I-III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SR Master Craftsman Syllabuses for Programs I-III

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.m.ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SR Master Craftsman Syllabuses for Programs I-III
    Posted: January/09/2017 at 1:58pm
Brothers,

I'm putting together a syllabus for the different Master Craftsman programs, including the lesson titles and the associated reading assignments. This is mostly to assist me with my own study - in being able to read the next section while the previous quiz is being reviewed. Any assistance from Brothers who have completed the lessons or have knowledge about the readings would be appreciated.
  • Program I - I just started this one (completing essay for Quiz 1 today), which is what prompted this project.
  • Program II - Completed, I've filled this section out. Any improvements to content or format are welcome.
  • Program III - seems straightforward; wondering if there is an introduction or conclusion quiz, as the material covers Degrees 1-32, but there are 33 quizzes. Also wondering is there is any supplemental reading.
I've set the form up as a Google Doc here: [22JAN2017, REMOVED LINK]

Appreciate your help, Brothers!
[EDIT: THE FINAL RESULT OF THE EFFORT IS AVAILABLE HERE - https://goo.gl/RKOavB]

Edited by c.m.ellis - January/22/2017 at 11:40am
Chris Ellis
facebook.com/xphrellis
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 7:39pm
I haven't done the master craftsman program, but I have done a lot of reading, some of which I believe is included in the MC program.  As far as supplemental reading goes...

Morals & Dogma
Esoterika (yes, the spelling is correct)
Scottish Rite ritual monitor and guide (I think this is part of the program, but I don't recall for sure)
The Craft Unmasked (This is one of Coach's books, and I HIGHLY recommend it.  I wrote a short review on it in another thread.)

Happy reading.

"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
c.m.ellis View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.m.ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2017 at 11:20am
Linked below is the results of our labor. Thanks so much to Brother Mike Wright and the Knights of Saint Andrew of the Valley of Honolulu for invaluable contributions. Please let us know of any errors, omissions, or improvements.

Chris Ellis
facebook.com/xphrellis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic