Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

District Deputy Grand Master

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: District Deputy Grand Master
    Posted: September/25/2018 at 7:35am
I have been selected by the Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master to serve as one of his DDGMs. I had my orientation this past Saturday. my wife was allowed to go with me and it was an enjoyable event. I will be installed the 16th of October. I am excited and looking forward to my new duties. Wish me luck!
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2018 at 1:40pm
Congratulations on the appointment as DDGM. Here in PA our DDGMs serve 5 years in order to be known as a Past DDGM. All the best to you as you begin this new post in your Masonic journey.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
ga.mason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ga.mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2018 at 11:49am

Good luck in your new position. I had the honor of serving as a DDGM as well. I only served 1 year due to work constraints, but will always remember all the Brothers I met and visits I was able to participate in.

Snellville Lodge#99

Snellville,Georgia

Past Master 2011

2009 Mason of the Year (Snellville #99)

2011 Lodge of the Year (9th District)

DDGM Ninth District, Subdistrict F 2014
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2018 at 6:06am
Congratulations on your appointment.   You will be busy.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2018 at 8:10am
I just finished serving 4 years. The first 3 were rewarding and fun.
The last year was pure hell............lodges in trouble, individual members in trouble, internal conflict etc and a lists of other issues I had to unravel.
The best of luck to you and hope you have a successful term.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2018 at 7:34pm
Congratulations Bro.!
Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2018 at 4:59am
Congratulations on your appointment! It is indeed an honor to serve in this high office.

The one piece of advice I have is that you remember that it is OK to take your DDGM apron off! We are required to visit each lodge once to deliver the Grand Master's Message. At that time we are formally received as distinguished guests. 

Other than those times, I tried to visit the other lodges in my district whenever my schedule permitted. Of course I would wear my DDGM apron but I would just sit among the other brethren in the lodge and enjoy their fellowship. Even though I have "retired" as DDGM, I still enjoy visiting the lodges in my district and (hopefully) am a welcome visitor.

My replacement however does not seem to have embraced this concept. He has let the title go to his head and while he does indeed hold a high office, he sees himself as elevated above the rest of the brethren and insists to be treated that way. And yes, he has been talked to about this.

Even though your Masonic title is now Right Worshipful, never forget that the men in your district are first and foremost your Brothers. Treat them that way.
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic