Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > The Laughing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Bagpiper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Bagpiper
    Posted: October/26/2019 at 11:32am
As a bagpiper, I have done lots of special requests, weddings, events and funerals. I was asked by a funeral director if I would help a homeless man who had no family and no money.   He was being buried in a paupers grave out in the woods. I consented. On that day, not being familiar with this section of the town I end up getting lost. I drive around for a while thinking it can't be far away, I must be close. And being a typical man I did not ask for directions. I arrive an hour late, and I see that the funeral director has left and only the digging crew yet there and the were eating lunch. I apologize for being late and went to the grave site. the vault lid was already in place, not knowing what else to do, I started playing Amazing Grace. As I did, the workers slowly came to the opening in the ground and stood solemnly as I played on. I played my heart out and the men began to cry. After I finished, I packed up my pipes and headed for the car. My head was low, but my heart full of joy.

As I opened the car door, I overheard one of the diggers say to another, Ya know, I have never seen anything like that before, and I been digging septic tanks for 20 years.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2019 at 9:56am
Now I do assume this was a Joke, so the context of my comment.

At least the schitt got blessed.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2019 at 1:08pm
Oldie, but  brings back memories for a good laugh.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic