FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How old is your lodge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How old is your lodge
    Posted: November/18/2019 at 7:31pm
Last Saturday Capital City Lodge No. 499 held their Hiram Award Ceremony.  Bro. Kelly Dixon was the recipient, the third Brother who has not served in the East before.  We dined on a wonderful Mexican dinner from his favorite restaurant, then the presentation along with a fun video presentation of his life. ClapClapClap ClapClapClap ClapClapClap
Our Brother who will be serving as Master in 2021 informed me that I will be working on the Centennial Day program.  At ;east this time I have a heads up instead of coming to the rescue. LOL
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2019 at 6:40am
Sounds like a great event. I'm glad you shared that information.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2019 at 10:30pm
I just attended a celebration party for St. Louis #1 Lodge chartered 1814, from a dispensation from the Grand Lodge of Tennessee. 14 Lodges were spawned from that Lodge and the party was for all those Lodges. #1 is still in existence. It was a great time. A Lodge banner was shown, no one seems to know when or where it was made, but form the looks of it, it may well have been an original. It was donated to the Masonic Museum at Grand Lodge of Missouri in Columbia Mo.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2019 at 8:16am
Thanks for your post and all that you do for the lodge. Lodge 45 is the oldest continually operating Masonic Lodge west of the Appalachian Mountains. They recently celebrated their 220th anniversary. This info came from the lodge's website. Is anybody's lodge anywhere near that age?
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2019 at 9:57am
Capital City Lodge No. 499 will hold its' 99th Installation next month.
Our out going Master has sat in the Oriental chair "4" times and from what I heard he will be reprising his role once again.  Wow that will beat my 4.5 terms.LOL
Last Saturday they presented "6" Golden Veterans Awards, and next Saturday they will present the Hiram Award.ClapClapClap
Last Saturday was nice because I got to see some wayward brothers I haven't seen in twenty years.  I scolded them for neglecting the lodge for so very long as they know better. Ouch  They pay more attention to other organizations while their lodge has almost closed the doors three times.
A lodge is only strong when all able brothers are attending it.
I know I am only a Lodge widow, but I do spend more time supporting the lodge than many of its brothers and I do have something to say about it.Angry  I am on my way today to clean up the kitchen along with our Master and Senior Wardens ladies.  One of our newer brothers in a contractor and he spent the summer remodeling the kitchen, Big smile now we are cleaning up and putting back all the equipment.
Nothing had been done since Jerry and I bought the new stove and refrigerator 11 years ago.  Wow I can't believe its been that long, time sure flies when your not having fun.

Edited by De Darrah - November/09/2019 at 10:02am
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2019 at 9:04am
I am posting this out of desperation to see something new posted as not much of anything has been posted for a long time. So, how old is your Masonic lodge? My lodge will be 100 years old in 2022. By some standards, a young lodge. There is a lodge here in Pittsburgh that is so old, it does not have a name. It just has a lodge number and is known as Lodge 45. I know it is old, so I'll have to do some research to find out when it was established. I'll post it when I know.
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic