Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GM cancels all lodge meetings!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GM cancels all lodge meetings!
    Posted: March/13/2020 at 6:14am
Late yesterday afternoon (3/12/2020), I received an email saying that because of the coronavirus situation, the Grand Master for PA issued a proclamation canceling all lodge activities statewide. This includes all stated, extra and special meetings. The cancelations extend through the end of April, at which time the situation will be looked at and a decision will be made whether to lift the meeting cancelation issue or to allow the meetings to begin again.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2020 at 8:22am
Missouri just responded and said that by authority of the WM, meetings may be cancelled at his discretion.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2020 at 10:02am
I am sorry, hysteria has taken over the world with yet another "pandemic".  I will not be surprised if CA follows suit.  For me, I will continue to live a routine life.  I have somehow managed to live through all the other "pandemics" I see no difference with this one.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2020 at 10:56am
I agree, De. It would be nice to see a bit of sanity, but people are having too much fun panic'ing.
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2020 at 8:20pm
I agree too.    One needs to be aware of those around him if coronavirus is known to be in his area,   ... We still have flu, spring colds, and hay fever, so not every sneeze or cough is coronavirus.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2020 at 6:50am
Just to show you how "panicky" some people are, when I got to the supermarket to pick up a few things I needed, the store was completely out of toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex tissues and several other items not related to being needed for the coronavirus situation. Also, the governor of PA has now ordered all schools to be closed for two weeks. I believe the situation has been blown way out of proportion causing people to be afraid. Many other events have been canceled, too.
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2020 at 9:54am
Effective immediately, our Grand Lodge is shutting down all GL meetings, attendance at any functions etc.
My local lodge has shut down until further notice, our monthly breakfast is stopped and Eastern Star, Jobies, and De Molay is down until further notice.
Our Grand Lecturers have shut most all schools of instruction and around the districts, meetings and degree work is all pending.   WOW
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2020 at 11:05am
Our Grand Lodge issued the shut down edict two days ago, Grand Chapter yesterday, and our idiot governor shut down the state as of 12:00 this morning.  All essential services are still open, of coarse it depends on what one defines as essential.  I have two big memorial services this weekend, and I'm wondering if they will take place, one is scheduled at the Shrine.  I guess I will find out .

Edited by De Darrah - March/20/2020 at 11:09am
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2020 at 6:02am
Syria Shrine here is closed for all activities.  Also, all  Masonic related organization functions and activities are canceled.  Check your local Shrine's website as it may say if the building is open for functions.  It is the same here, only essential services are open.  Restaurants and bars are limited to selling food for take out only.  Please pray that this will be over soon. I am sure we all miss our friends and our social lives.  Stay safe and stay well!
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2020 at 9:26am
AH the great state of Missouri.

They have closed all restaurants, outside/take out only. But Marijuana shops can stay open. How's that for essentials only.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2020 at 6:15am
In PA, beer distributors can stay open but the state run liquor and wine stores are closed.  I am praying that either a drug is found to stop the virus or the virus runs its course.  Both solutions would be nice.
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2020 at 12:20pm
For the virus to run its course will take about 2 to 3 years.   Hopefully a vaccine will be developed before the next flue season.

Thomasville 369
jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2020 at 7:33pm
DC, MD, and VA have done the same. All Masonic activities in person are suspended until either 1 May or 15 May, depending on the jurisdiction.
J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2020 at 9:04am
The GL of Georgia has now joined this list.

Grand Master Garmon's Edict 2020-3, concerning Covid virus.  All Masonic activities of any kind have been cancelled per Grand Master of Grand Lodge of Georgia until April 30, 2020. 

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2020 at 12:35pm
Well one good item to come from this mess, is that our Jr. Warden who has been remodeling our Lodge is getting a lot of work done.  He has been working on the lobby and restrooms this month, so that there will be no in convenience to the members when we start having meetings again.

Edited by De Darrah - March/28/2020 at 12:36pm
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic