Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Msons of California

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Msons of California
    Posted: June/10/2020 at 10:36pm
Gentlemen and Ladies all

I just finished hearing and watching the presentation by MW Doan, former GM of California. He spoke on the relevance and symbolisms between our great fraternity and the opera Magic Flute written By Mozart.

How fascinating and prophetic, the opera shows, discusses and reveals Masonic principles and yet, only to Masons who were in attendance. Mozart, while a genius in music, was quite the intelligent/elegant writer and Mason as well.

If you missed this, I strongly implore you to find a recording of it, find the text [if it is print] or request one from the presenter. Absolutely wonderful, enlightening and informative. I was captivated and held strongly onto every word he spoke. But I am a student of Mozart and a Mason so I had some background already.

Thanks to the Grand Lodge of California for providing this event. What a great evening to learn about Free Masonry and it's history.

Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2020 at 11:07am
Excellent.  Maybe we can get a bit more interest going here.  I will keep adding more events as I get them.

De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2020 at 8:39am
De

thanks for the heads up on this.

I just registered for two of the lectures.    
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2020 at 7:23pm

On Wednesday, May 13, Dr. Oscar Alleyne of the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), and past master of Wappingers Lodge No. 671 in New York, will discuss lodge functions during #COVID19 as he hosts our next online speaker series with his topic “Perspectives on the Covid-19 Pandemic: Our Path to Resilience and Recovery” The Masonic Speaker Series is free and open to everyone.

During these uncertain times, society is learning how to accommodate and be as flexible as possible as it attempts to continue regular operations. For #Freemasons, that means all #Masonic and lodge business must be taken into re-consideration in order to keep individual Masons safe and healthy.

REGISTER NOW: californiafreemason.org/speakerseries

De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic