Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Masonic Temple Sacramento

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masonic Temple Sacramento
    Posted: June/01/2020 at 8:57pm
Bro. Jacob Cummings posted a video of the damage on face book today. Cry

I want to show my gratitude to my Brothers Anthony Contreras, Jon C Young, Bob Taylor, Chester Fristoe, Andrew Philip, Paul Sinogui, Erik Patton, Joseph Long, Phil Hardiman, Dave Cobb, and many others, who stopped by the Masonic Temple this morning, helping clean up the mess caused by rioting and looting last night. Miosa Bridal and Tony's Delicatessen, our beloved business partners, were completely ransacked and destroyed last night. Shattered windows, broken pipes, stolen appliances and merchandise, and so much damage was left behind. The whole perimeter of our building had to be boarded up. Gentlemen, your generous contribution of time and energy was incredible. Your spirits are inspiring.
I also want to thank Wally Clark, Joseph Dongo, Kim Ryan Unidad, Jared Yoshiki, Gabe Mariscal, Jacob Cummings, Nick Johnston, Russ Tomas, Dan Dailey, John Cooper, Mark Young, Scott Morrison, and all Brothers and friends who contacted me with words of solidarity and encouragement.

I grew up in this beautiful Temple and it makes me sick to see this. Cry
This is where Bro.s Takrail and Tazman meet.

Edited by De Darrah - June/07/2020 at 11:33am
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2020 at 11:14pm
Thanks for sharing, I am sorry you had to endure that, and I am sorry that your temple was damaged.

This whole rioting thing upsets me. It seems that when people are unhappy, they seem to think they have a right to destroy property of others, and somehow that makes them feel better. Do they think they are getting even with someone? I don't understand that.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2020 at 7:05am
I am truly sorry to hear about the damages and theft of the items from your building.  I don't understand the justification for damaging and stealing from those who had nothing to do with what the protest is all about.  Many businesses here in Pittsburgh experienced the same damages and theft.  Some businesses that were on the verge of reopening after the pandemic may now not be able to reopen due to the financial hardship of the looting.  Thanks to those who helped you out!  What a great team effort!
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2020 at 8:23pm
O geee   ... I sorry to see the riots damaged the Temple.    ... The Temple had nothing to do with the demonstrations going on.   But some Bad Actors see this as a opportunity for their criminal actions and personal gains.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic