Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > The Laughing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 in Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 in Review
    Posted: December/28/2020 at 4:24pm
Here are 12 things to consider as we get closer to closing the door on one of the most trying years of our lifetime.
1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
2. I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
3. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
4. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house & told my cat. We laughed a lot.
6. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
7. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
8. This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars & keep men at home!
9. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
10. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
11. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the Backyard. I’m getting tired of the Living Room.
12. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & ask for money.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2020 at 4:46pm
hahaha   .... 

I need to barrow a couple of those...

Edited by edwmax - December/28/2020 at 4:48pm
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2020 at 6:48am
Funny stuff!!  Thanks for posting it, I needed that laugh.  There was a cartoon in my local newspaper the other day that showed the two cartoon characters Sherman and Mr. Peabody who is a dog with human abilities.  Sherman asks Mr. Peabody what he was doing as works on the time machine.  He tells Sherman he is removing the year 2020 from it so that no one could go there.   Good idea!!!
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2020 at 6:52am
Speaking of other bad things about 2020, I had to put my Irish Setter down due to kidney failure.  He was 13 years and 3 months old.  I really understand about talking to your dog and thinking he understands you.  They do understand quite a bit.  I've had Irish Setters all my life, so I will be looking for another one.
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2020 at 8:44am
Bill
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are like people, sometimes better.

I have raised and rescued Boxers for over 50 years. It is tough when you lose one.

ON a side note, with staying inside, my dogs are getting spoiled, I spend so much time with them. When we ever get out of this, they will be left alone at home a bit, and that will take a getting used to.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2020 at 6:43am
Thanks Bob.  Quint, my Irish Setter, was a rescue dog from Irish Setter rescue.  Many times I often wondered who rescued who.  Did I rescue him or did he rescue because I needed a good dog.
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic